MAD Security Careers
Come join a team of some of the brightest and most innovative security experts around!
MAD Security offers a very competitive compensation package that includes base salary, medical, 401k matching, bonuses (we like to reward you for your hard work), training on next generation security tools, and flexible time off.
For Trusted Partners (1099):
We are also looking for partners that we can work with that can augment our skills and add depth to our team. We frequently receive requests for work that is a little out of our lane or that we can’t take on due to full bookings, and in those cases we like to work with trusted partners to create win/win scenarios.
MAD Security Career Postings:
Security Engineer (MSSP)
- Job Title
- Security Engineer (MSSP)
- Job ID
- Huntviille, AL 77339
- Other Location
MAD Security is seeking a highly motivated and passionate Security Engineer to be a part of our growing managed security services team.
As a Security Engineer at MAD Security, you will play a key role in the success of MAD Security’s MSSP program. You will aid in designing current and future solutions that are consistent with best practices, maintain a strong knowledge of emerging technologies, interface and collaborate with coworkers and customers to continuously improve upon MAD Security’s MSSP program.
You will be working side-by-side with a highly focused and motivated team that is constantly striving to reach a higher level of excellence and improve upon their skillsets. One of the most, if not THE most important requirements for this position is to possess an overly passionate enthusiasm for working with our great team in a collaborative environment and believing in the MAD Security mission.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Document solutions, process, or procedures effectively in written and verbal delivery methods
- Assist with the development of incident identification and handling plans, workflows, and SOPs
- Deploy and maintain security sensors and tools
- Monitor security sensors and review logs to identify intrusions
- Think critically and creatively while analyzing security events, network traffic, and logs to engineer new detection methods
- Identify incident root cause and take proactive mitigation steps
- Perform lessons learned activities
- Review vulnerabilities and track resolution
- Review and process threat intel reports
- Develop and implement detection use cases
- Develop and implement IDS signatures
- Assist with incident response efforts
- Create and deliver customer reports
- Participate in on-call rotation for after hours security and/or engineering issues
- Perform customer security assessments
- Broad technical knowledge
- Fuse locally derived and externally sourced cyber threat intelligence into signatures, detection techniques, and analytics intended to detect and track the advanced threat
- Understanding of root causes of malware infections and proactive mitigation
- Understanding of lateral movement and footholds
- Understanding of data exfiltration techniques.
- Demonstrated ability in critical thinking, problem solving, and analytics
- Want to work in a dynamic and challenging position in a unique and progressive environment
- Enjoy analyzing patterns looking for outliers
- Enjoy creating ways to find needles in haystacks
- Define relationships between seemingly unrelated events through deductive reasoning
- Experience in network/host based intrusion analysis, malware analysis, forensics, and cyber threat intel
- Knowledge of advanced threat actors and complex attacks
- Wake up every day with a passion to learn more
- Possess excellent writing skills and the ability to communicate to technical and executive level staff
- Derive great satisfaction from delighting customers, have strong attention to detail, exude excellence
- Thrive and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment, surrounded by brilliant and like-minded people
- Customer-oriented focus with a strong interest to satisfy our customers
- Ability to travel up to 30%
Desired Experience and Education:
- 24x7 NOC/SOC experience, or experience working with or for a MSSP is highly desired.
- Three years of experience as an IT security analyst with expertise in at least one technical domain
- Solid understanding of networking and security of Routing and Networking technologies, TCP/IP protocols, Operating Systems, Applications, and Mobile Devices.
- Configuring and implementing technical security solutions (Firewalls, IDS, Antivirus, Antispam, SIEM, etc.)
- Linux user and administrator experience
- Bachelor’s degree in related discipline and 3 years of experience or 5-7 years relevant experience in the field