Join our team and be part of a meaningful organization!
Our goal is to attract and retain a highly talented and qualified workforce who can meet the needs of the children, families and child care providers we serve. If you enjoy working in a healthy yet challenging and innovative work environment and are motivated by providing excellent services, we encourage you to apply for a position with Pathways LA.
Pathways LA believes in promoting health, balance and peace of mind among its employees so we provide medical, dental and vision benefits; generous retirement contributions; paid vacation, sick and holidays; employer-paid life, accident and long-term disability insurance; flexible spending accounts; an employee assistance program (EAP) and more.
Trauma Informed Child Care Advisor - Social Worker
- Job Title
- Trauma Informed Child Care Advisor - Social Worker
- Job ID
- Los Angeles, CA 90010
- Other Location
TRAUMA INFORMED CARE ADVISOR
Department: Resource & Referral
Location(s): Administrative Offices
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday, 37.5 hours per week
Starting rate: $53,000 – 58,000/Year DOE
To engage Child Care Providers, Early Education Site Supervisors and Teachers, WIC Center Workers, Faith-based employees and any providers of support to children 0-5 years old, to build capacity about trauma-informed and resiliency based approaches. Builds rapport and trust. Promotes and supports the mental health of providers, families, and children. Develops and delivers trainings and technical assistance related to trauma and resilience strategies to providers, administrators, and key staff at Early Childhood Centers.
- Master’s degree in Social Work, Child Development or related field, or an MFT, from four-year college or university.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in child development related programs.
- Experience and ability to work with adult learners and diverse client populations. Familiarity with child care provider population.
- Knowledge and experience regarding Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs), toxic stress, and how trauma impacts child development.
- Knowledge of child abuse/crisis intervention techniques and resiliency interventions preferred. Trauma informed certifications highly preferred.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) required.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, client database software, and Internet search engines.
- Must have a Valid CA Driver’s license and insurance. Must have use of a motor vehicle.
- Must provide current verification of a valid TB clearance and be compliant with all current Community Care Licensing requirements regarding vaccinations.
- Must successfully pass the Department of Justice (DOJ) criminal background check prior to first day of employment.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States for any employer. No sponsor-ships are available for these positions.
We are an EEO and Fair Chance Process Employer