BE A SPARK IN OUR INDUSTRY
JOIN THE METRONOME FAMILY
Every individual has unique passions, career goals, and personal values.
We are here to make the connection between those and the needs of our customers.
When the stars align, we welcome our new employees - or Pulsers as we like to call them - to the family.
We offer a competitive benefits package, to ensure that our Pulsers are well taken care of for whatever comes their way.
Software Developer - Jr / Mid
- Job Title
- Software Developer - Jr / Mid
- Requirement ID
- Begin Date
- Herndon, VA
- Other Location
The Software Developer candidate will design and/or implement complex algorithms requiring adherence to strict timing, system resource, or interface constraints.
Team member will perform exceptionally complex tasks while researching and evaluating new concepts and processes to improve performance.
The candidate will assist more junior level technicians, specialists, and managers in their activities.
In addition,team member will oversee one or more software development teams and ensure the work is completed in accordance with the constraints of the software development process being used on any particular project.
- Perform quality control on team products.
- Confer with system engineers and hardware engineers to derive software requirements and to obtain information on project limitations and capabilities, performance requirements and interfaces.
- Coordinate software system installation and monitor equipment functioning to ensure operational specifications are met.
- Implement recommendations for improving documentation and software development process standards
- Work individually, actively participate on integrated teams, and lead multiple tasks, projects or teams.
- Oversee and monitor performance, and when required, takes steps to resolve issues.
- Direct multiple teams through to project completion.
- Provides guidance and direction to lower level technicians, specialists, and managers.
- Required Skills
Education/Min Years Experience:
HS diploma/GED with 10 years of experience,
or Associates degree with 8 years of experience,
or Bachelors degree with 6 years of experience,
or Masters degree with 4 years of experience,
or PhD with 2 years of experience
• Can perform all tasks of lower level technicians, specialists, and/or managers.
• Experience with JAVA, Wildfly, Openshift, Docker, Redmine, Git, Jenkins and some cloud technologies.
• Applicable software or hardware training and certifications commensurate with the technical objectives, services required, and IT environment specified within the task order.
• DoD 8570 compliance or information assurance certification commensurate with technical objectives and services required within the task order.
Active US Government Security Clearance Required