BE A SPARK IN OUR INDUSTRY
JOIN THE METRONOME FAMILY
Every individual has unique passions, career goals, and personal values.
We are here to make the connection between those and the needs of our customers.
When the stars align, we welcome our new employees - or Pulsers as we like to call them - to the family.
We offer a competitive benefits package, to ensure that our Pulsers are well taken care of for whatever comes their way.
Information Security Engineer
- Job Title
- Information Security Engineer
- Requirement ID
- Begin Date
- Dahlgren, VA
- Other Location
The candidate will be responsible for supporting a specific government program, Information Assurance Security Engineer (IASE).
Team member must be able to closely support and interact with the IASE, system administrators, system engineers, and system developers.
- Become familiar with the program systems/technology, program documentation, and system architecture drawings
- Develop a variety of IA related documentation, to include but not be limited to:
- Platform Information Technology (PIT) designation requests
- PIT Risk Assessment requests
- DoD IA Certification and Accreditation Process (DIACAP) plans
- Plan of Actions and Milestones (POA&M)
- Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Coordinate host and network vulnerability assessments with system administrators
- Develop strategies to mitigate discrepancies
- Required Skills
• Bachelor's degree in an appropriate scientific, engineering, or computer related discipline from an accredited institution.
• Knowledgeable in DoD security and IA requirements as outlined in DoD 8500.2 and the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) Security Technical Implementation Guidelines (STIG).
• Knowledge of basic to advanced Unix and Windows system administration.
• Current knowledge of DoD Ports, Protocols, and Services (PPS), Public Key Infrastructure (PKI), and DoD Information Assurance Vulnerability Management (IAVM) policies and standards.
• Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
• DoD 8570 IAM Level II certification; CompTIA CASP or ISC2 CISSP
Active US Government Security Clearance Required.