BE A SPARK IN OUR INDUSTRY
JOIN THE METRONOME FAMILY
Every individual has unique passions, career goals, and personal values. We are here to make the connection between those and the needs of our customers. When the stars align, we welcome our new employees - or Pulsers as we like to call them - to the family. We offer competitive benefits to ensure that our Pulsers are well taken care of for whatever comes their way.
Option 2: Create a New Profile
- Job Title
- Executive Assistant
- Requirement ID
- McLean, VA
- Other Location
- Tyson's and Bethesda
Employment Type: Full-time
Required Security Clearance: TS/SCI CI Poly
Required Education: Bachelor's Degree
10 years with 3 years supporting the IC
Performs a variety of administrative duties, providing mission support within the Mission Directorates of the customer. The position provides general administrative services and directly supports one or more functions or business areas, including: facilities management, finance, human resources, imaging and publishing, information management, logistics, procurement, medical, and security. Aid the completion of routine to moderate tasks and requirements for general office and/or program support. The nature of the work is primarily transactional in nature and requires knowledge of administrative processes and procedures. Varying degree and latitude shall be allowed to exercise independent judgment in accordance with well-established, routine policies and procedures.
- Provide oversight for the daily activities of the office including performance direction of, if assigned, one or more administrative assistants and be able to train new member on process and procedures for requirements.
- Review all incoming correspondence and monitor Lotus Notes for items requiring immediate attention or action, compose correspondence, monitor external/internal communications, address communications in an expeditious manner and bring critical issues to the Sponsor being supported.
- Manage calendars, phone/e-mail, and travel (domestic and international) and contacts (both internal and external) using Lotus Notes, Microsoft Outlook or any other system determined necessary by the Government. Create, maintain and update all charts, lists and calendars as well as reporting travel schedules and attendance for the office being supported.
- Maintains a schedule of appointments for manager(s) or office; opens, sorts and distributes incoming mail, newspapers, faxes, and other publications/documents.
- Coordinates and/or participates in the scheduling, organizing, and execution of meetings, conferences, and off-sites, participates in meetings and events: serving as recorder or working member of group, schedule VTC’s, conference calls, and schedule meeting rooms. Greets and/or escorts visitors and guests
- Maintains and reconciles accounting records, Processes travel, training, and POV vouchers, Assists with the approval process for credit card purchasing, Handles disbursing transactions including airline tickets, metro checks, and general travel information
- Passes and receives clearances, use the Agency’s Visitor Access Request system and prepares access lists as necessary, and assists in the transportation of material and people
- Maintain an efficient office environment, to include ordering supplies and arranging for repair of office equipment, deliver items to customers, assists in the oversight and accounting for inventory
- Prepares weekly status reports of action items and completion of tasks related to the execution of a program, process, or transaction; present assigned and other information through briefings to various audiences.
- Tracks overall project(s) spending, including burn rates on individual contracts, maintains inventory; issues equipment, records, receipts, or supplies, assists with office renovations and move management activities
- Maintains tracking records and filing systems; archives files as necessary. Performs data input, data collection and research; retrieves information or documents from databases and the Internet. Maintains and updates databases or spreadsheets. Prepares and tracks various statistics
- Create/format documents, spreadsheets, databases and presentations; to include drafts, proofreads, and edits all correspondence; produces other documents such as instructions, spreadsheets, presentations, and reports; collect and prepare materials for use in meetings/discussions.
- Performs as a focal point for response to queries regarding local in-house and Agency-wide administrative databases, such as those for Training and Timekeeping.
- Provides back up support and assistance to office support positions and functions, as required
- Upon Government approval, coordinate all logistical details for meetings and events. For meetings, this includes scheduling rooms, sending out meeting announcements, tracking attendance, coordinating food services; take minutes as appropriate and distributing follow-up materials.
- Review directives and instructional materials pertaining to administrative practices and clerical policies and procedures to stay abreast of new, revised or amended policies and regulations.
- Evaluates, proposes, and/or implements innovative and/or new administrative processes to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of support administration.
- Communicate effectively with customers and provide superior customer service at all times.
- Other executive administrative functions, as tasked.
- Ability to obtain working knowledge of Agency and/or IC regulations, policies, practices, and procedures
- Thorough knowledge in the use of MS Office Suite applications, the Internet, and other internal applications necessary to complete routine and moderately complex tasks.
- Analytical skills sufficient to assess moderately complex information from multiple sources and draw logical conclusions
- Strong interpersonal skills to maintain effective working relationships with team and customers
- Strong oral and written communication skills sufficient to compose and deliver responses to customers’ routine to moderately complex questions in a clear and concise manner
- Ability to perform as a focal point for a program or process
- Ability to manage own activities and office workflow under tight deadlines
- Ability to efficiently and rapidly store and retrieve information using filing and tracking systems
- Ability to establish administrative contacts and professional relationships for networking and liaison across the Agency/IC
- Ability to apply a strong customer focus orientation to understand customer requirements, suggest, and implement solutions
- Ability to ensure that management, co-workers, customers, and stakeholders are kept informed
- Ability to adapt to changing work requirements and priorities that may require extended hours
- Ability to be discreet and maintain confidentiality
- Analytic ability to evaluate HR data, resolves inconsistencies, and proposes innovative solutions to challenging problems, if applicable.
- Ability to learn and research Agency regulations, policies, and procedures.
Work Schedule: Core Hours
Background Screening/Check/Investigation: Successful Completion of a Background Check will be required as a condition of hire.
Benefits: Metronome offers a comprehensive benefits package that reflects our commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace. Benefit eligibility is determined on the type of position (full-time, part-time, temporary). Metronome’s range of benefits include, but are not limited to, Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance, Life Insurance, Paid Time-Off & Company Paid Holidays, Personal Development & Learning Opportunities.
Application Process: Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your consideration for employment.
- Select Create Profile and Apply to Requirement
- Complete your Profile and Answer the Questionnaire
- Upload a current resume
- Complete the Online Application and Submit
Evaluation Process: Metronome will evaluate applicants based on how well they meet the qualifications of the position above. Your completed application (including questionnaire, resume, and online application) will be used to determine your eligibility and how well you meet the qualifications for this position.
Your responses to the questionnaire may be compared to your resume and application; if either your resume or application contradicts or does not support your responses, you will disqualify yourself and not receive further consideration for this job.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Metronome does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Metronome is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process or hiring process should contact Metronome Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or 703-957-4082. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
- Required Skills