MakeUp Artist, NJTV
- Job Title
- MakeUp Artist, NJTV
- Open Position ID
- Newark, NJ 07102
- Other Location
The Makeup Artist provides makeup and light hair styling support directly with internal and external talent, outside vendors, and studio management in support of live / live to tape shows and pre-tapes at NJTV’s Newark based studio.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Apply make up in a manner appropriate for both men and women (before and during) scheduled shoots;
- Ensure that makeup room and styling products are clean and free of clutter; identify products needed to be replenished;
- “Lightly’ styles various hair styles for different hair textures & lengths;utilizes air-forming techniques, tools such as hot irons and products to achieve specific looks;
- Ensure that NJTV’s brand is stylistically executed (taking location, lighting, product, strategy, and the individual into consideration since the talent is representing brand on a variety of platforms;
- Maintain a flexible schedule to accommodate the dynamic needs of the news studio.
- Required Skills
• Current Cosmetology license in Hair and Makeup and a minimum of 3 years of salon styling experience;
• Demonstrated and recent experience with hair & makeup styling for print, web, and retail and/or TV production shoots for commercials, promotional announcements, and special event projects;
• Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work with many different backgrounds and personalities;
• Ability to adapt in fast paced settings; works quickly and accurately under pressure and is open to schedule changes;
• Ensures NJ State Board of Cosmetology salon standards are followed regarding licensing, cleanliness and sanitation;
• Knowledgeable and current on all industry and market trends (beauty & fashion), product knowledge, and styling techniques.