Culture – Let’s be honest. A handful of firms are on your consideration list. That’s ok. We know that ours is special. Our company was founded on fostering an environment of collaboration, honesty and always doing the right thing. We even have some fun while we’re at it. Culture is our #1 focus and the reason SIG has only 4% attrition when the industry average is closer to 15%.
Location, Location, Location – It’s the number one rule of real estate and we abide by it. Our offices are in some of the best cities in the country. From Santa Monica to Austin to Charleston, it doesn’t get better than that.
Training – If you’re an experienced broker, a new broker, or part of our back-office staff, we make sure you get the training you need to become a net lease expert. Our Junior/Senior Mentorship Training Program ensures you continue to get the ongoing guidance you need to be successful and reach your professional goals.
Convinced that SIG is the right fit? Check out our current openings and apply below or Contact Us to get started.
Jr Broker Internship Program (Austin)
- Job Title
- Jr Broker Internship Program (Austin)
- Position ID
- Austin, TX 78741
- Other Location
Sands Investment Group (SIG), America's Fastest Growing Net Lease Company, is officially accepting applications for the highly-selective Summer 2019 Jr Broker Internship Program (JBI) in the Austin, TX office. Interns will gain the foundational skills necessary to becoming successful Commercial Real Estate Investment Sales Brokers and compete for full-time Jr Broker positions to be offered only to the TOP performers at the conclusion of the program. The JBI Program will run from mid-May to mid-August and is heavily focused on developing skills in research, marketing, and underwriting in addition to CRM/database maintenance and active participation in team role plays, meetings, and trainings.
Interns will support the team by mastering the following:
- Use proprietary and industry systems and resources to find and validate property owners, research competitors, and identify new leads and projects
- Research SIG's active inventory and contact/pitch properties to potential buyers
- Catalog relevant properties on the market by product type, CAP rate, and price
- Assist with Proposals or Broker Opinion of Value (BOVs) and pull comps on deals
- Update and maintain company CRM/shared database
- Actively participate in all team huddles, meetings and trainings
Successful candidates must answer a resounding YES to the following questions:
- Are you extremely coachable, highly motivated, and fiercely competitive?
- Do you value business ethics, The Golden Rule, and teamwork/collaboration?
- Do you have 1+ years' experience in sales, cold-calling, or working in a professional office environment? If not, can you fake it well?
- Are you passionate about Commercial Real Estate and/or Investment Sales?
- Do you have your TX Real Estate Sales Agent License or are you in the process of obtaining it?
- Are you proficient in technology, e.g. Microsoft Suite, Google Suite/Docs, and CRM systems?
- Have the ability to work a part-time weekly set schedule from mid-May to mid-August 2019?
Sands Investment Group is a commercial real estate brokerage firm that specializes in the buying and selling of net lease properties for private investors and institutions across the United States. Since its founding in 2010, SIG has closed over 1,700 transactions worth more than $4B in 48 states. Brokers with the company currently have over $600M in active inventory. As a leader in the industry and the first to offer true sub-product type specialization, the firm’s experience in net lease, retail, office and industrial transactions is unparalleled. Sands Investment Group has offices in Santa Monica, CA, Charleston, SC, Atlanta, GA, and Austin, TX.