BE A SPARK IN OUR INDUSTRY
JOIN THE METRONOME FAMILY
Every individual has unique passions, career goals, and personal values. We are here to make the connection between those and the needs of our customers. When the stars align, we welcome our new employees - or Pulsers as we like to call them - to the family. We offer competitive benefits to ensure that our Pulsers are well taken care of for whatever comes their way.
Senior Linux Administrator (DNS)
- Job Title
- Senior Linux Administrator (DNS)
- Requirement ID
- Dahlgren, VA 22485
- Other Location
The Senior Linux Administrator will be responsible for system administration and customer support of servers and workstations in a Research, Development, and Testing, and Engineering (RDT&E) environment.
Team Member will:
- Provide Red Hat Enterprise Linux system administration, including technical problem solving and in-depth consulting for problems involving system operations
- Use automated installation methods and system imaging (e.g. Kickstart/Anaconda)
- Use of cryptographic log on methods (e.g. PKI)
- Implement DISA STIG and work within Configuration-Managed Environments.
- Work as part of a team responsible for administration and management of servers, end-user workstations in both unclassified and classified network environments.
- Analysis, design, and implementation of modifications to the system software in order to improve system performance by correcting errors
- Participate in planning new hardware acquisitions, interact with vendors, educate customers, and communicate and collaborate with other projects within the organization
- Work closely with engineers to help them use workstations and servers to solve their computationally intensive problems
- Support individual user workstations and associated software support
- Support for application installation, licenses management, software tracking/distribution and backup/recovery of system configurations and user data files.
- Understand and use essential tools for handling files, directories, command-line environments, and documentation
- Operate running systems, including booting into different run levels, identifying processes, starting and stopping virtual machines, and controlling services
- Configure local storage using partitions and logical volumes
- Create and configure file systems and file system attributes, such as permissions, encryption, access control lists, and network file systems
- Deploy, configure, and maintain systems, including software installation, update, and core services
- Manage users and groups, including use of a centralized directory for authentication
- Manage security, including basic firewall and SELinux configuration
- Configure static routes, packet filtering, and network address translation
- Set kernel runtime parameters
- Produce and deliver reports on system utilization
- Use shell scripting to automate system maintenance tasks
- Configure system logging, including remote logging
- Configure a system to provide networking services, including HTTP/HTTPS, DNS, SMTP, SSH and NTP
- Required Skills
• Demonstrate experience in system administration of Linux-based servers and Linux-based workstations.
• Experience with Department of Defense security guidelines and policies (DISA STIGS).
• Well-developed Linux system management skills.
• Must meet DoD 8570 Cyber Security Workforce (CSWF) criteria of Information Assurance
• Technical (IAT) Level III certification within 4 months of hire.
• Specific experience with Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL 7.x)
Active US Government Security Clearance
- Optional Skills
• Knowledge of corporate services including: DNS, SMTP, RHEV, Splunk, Apache.
• Demonstrate experience managing the installation and maintenance of IT infrastructure.
• Hardware experience with Dell systems.
• Remedy ITSM ticket Management experience.