BE A SPARK IN OUR INDUSTRY
JOIN THE METRONOME FAMILY
Every individual has unique passions, career goals, and personal values. We are here to make the connection between those and the needs of our customers. When the stars align, we welcome our new employees - or Pulsers as we like to call them - to the family. We offer competitive benefits to ensure that our Pulsers are well taken care of for whatever comes their way.
System/Network Engineer IV
- Job Title
- System/Network Engineer IV
- Requirement ID
- Dahlgren, VA 22485
- Other Location
The Systems Security Engineer is responsible for supporting a program Information Assurance Security Engineer (IASE). This includes becoming familiar with the program systems/technology, program documentation, and system architecture drawings.
Team Member duties include:
- Developing a variety of IA related documentation, to include but not be limited to, Platform Information Technology (PIT) designation requests, PIT Risk Assessment requests, DoD IA Certification and Accreditation Process (DIACAP) plans
- Creating Plan of Actions and Milestones (POA&M) and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Coordinating host and network vulnerability assessments with system administrators and developing strategies to mitigate discrepancies
- Support and interact with the IASE, system administrators, system engineers, and system developers.
- Required Skills
• Bachelor's degree in an appropriate scientific, engineering, or computer related discipline from an accredited institution.
• Knowledgeable in DoD security and IA requirements as outlined in DoDI 8500.2 and the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) Security Technical Implementation Guidelines (STIG).
• Knowledge of basic to advanced UNIX and Windows system administration.
• Current knowledge of DoD Ports, Protocols, and Services (PPS), Public Key Infrastructure (PKI), and DoD Information Assurance Vulnerability Management (IAVM) policies and standards.
• Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing
• Must meet DoD 8570 Information Assurance Management Level II certification requirements at time of employment; CompTIA CASP or ISC2 CISSP.
US Government Security Clearance Required