BE A SPARK IN OUR INDUSTRY
JOIN THE METRONOME FAMILY
Every individual has unique passions, career goals, and personal values.
We are here to make the connection between those and the needs of our customers.
When the stars align, we welcome our new employees - or Pulsers as we like to call them - to the family.
We offer a competitive benefits package, to ensure that our Pulsers are well taken care of for whatever comes their way.
Systems Administrator (LINUX)
- Job Title
- Systems Administrator (LINUX)
- Requirement ID
- Begin Date
- Dahlgren, VA 22485
- Other Location
The Linux Administrator candidate is responsible for system administration and customer support of servers and workstations.
- Linux system administration and provide technical problem solving and in-depth consulting for system operations.
- Work as part of a team responsible for administration and management of servers, end-user workstations, and potentially clustered systems operating in both unclassified and classified network environments.
- Analysis, design, and implementation of modifications to the system software in order to improve system performance, correct errors, or fulfill specific needs.
- Participate in planning new hardware acquisitions, developing operating policy, interacting with vendors, educating customers, and communicating and collaborating with other projects within the organization.
- Work closely with scientists and engineers to help them use workstations and servers to solve their computationally intensive problems.
- Support of individual user workstations and associated software will be required.
- Provide support for application installation, licenses management, software tracking/distribution and backup/recovery of system configurations and user data files.
- Assist users in applying for accounts, and approving user access.
- Required Skills
3 years of demonstrated experience in system administration of Linux-based servers and Linux-based workstations.
Well-developed Linux system management skills.
Hardware experience with HP and Dell systems.
Must meet DoD 8570 Information Assurance Workforce (IAWF) criteria of Information Assurance Technical (IAT) Level II certification at time of hire.
Active US Government Security Clearance