BE A SPARK IN OUR INDUSTRY
JOIN THE METRONOME FAMILY
Every individual has unique passions, career goals, and personal values. We are here to make the connection between those and the needs of our customers. When the stars align, we welcome our new employees - or Pulsers as we like to call them - to the family. We offer competitive benefits to ensure that our Pulsers are well taken care of for whatever comes their way.
Systems Security Engineer - Sr.
- Job Title
- Systems Security Engineer - Sr.
- Requirement ID
- Dahlgren, VA 22485
- Other Location
The Senior Systems Security Engineer will develop requirements from project inception to conclusion for a particular subject matter area (i.e. IT, engineering, linguistics, scientific field, etc.).
Team Member will analyze actual and predictable operational activities of a military, governmental, or business system to obtain a quantitative, rational basis for decision making or resource allocation.
Essential functions include, but are not limited to:
- Utilizes modeling and measuring techniques, mathematics, statistical methods, engineering methods, and other necessary techniques.
- Provides integral support in the requirements determination, conceptualization, design, development, testing, verification, and documentation of modeling and simulation-based decision support system applications.
- Provides instruction and assistance for the development of several artifacts to include (Categorization Planning, Implementation Planning, ISCM Strategic Planning, Contingency Plans, Change Management, and Incidence Response Plans. etc.).
- Ability to analyze Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs), Security Content Automation Protocol (SCAP) and Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS) scanning results.
- Ability to assess technical and non-technical security controls to determine compliance.
- May develop, deliver and train in areas of Assessment and Authorization (A&A), specifically RMF Steps 1-6.
- May provide A&A leadership/guidance for junior, mid-level, and senior level employees.
- Required Skills
Education/Min Years Experience:
• Bachelor's Degree in an appropriate scientific, engineering, or computer related discipline from an accredited institution
and 8 years of experience in systems design, development and integration.
• 12 years of relevant experience may be substituted for a degree.
• Must meet DoD 8570 Information Assurance Managerial Level II certification requirements at time of employment
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Intermediate to advanced level skills in Microsoft Office software suite - Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
• Strong interpersonal skills and good judgment with the ability to work alone or as part of a team
Active US Government Security Clearance Required
- Optional Skills
• Knowledge of DoD Ports, Protocols, and Services (PPS), Public Key Infrastructure (PKI), and DoD Information Assurance Vulnerability Management (IAVM) policies, and standards.
• Working knowledge Risk Management Framework (RMF) experience, to include NIST SP 800 series and FIPS 199.
• Experience with the Enterprise Mission Assurance Support Service (eMASS) or managing DoD and DoN IA Portfolios.
• Working knowledge of STIG Viewer, Vulnerability Remediation Asset Manager (VRAM) reporting and understanding of Compliance Task Orders (CTO).
Navy Qualified Validator (NQV).
• Knowledge of RDT&E and/or tactical systems
• Knowledge of Interim Authority to Test (IATT).