BE A SPARK IN OUR INDUSTRY
JOIN THE METRONOME FAMILY
Every individual has unique passions, career goals, and personal values. We are here to make the connection between those and the needs of our customers. When the stars align, we welcome our new employees - or Pulsers as we like to call them - to the family. We offer competitive benefits to ensure that our Pulsers are well taken care of for whatever comes their way.
Systems Security Engineer (Splunk)
- Job Title
- Systems Security Engineer (Splunk)
- Requirement ID
- Dahlgren, VA 22485
- Other Location
The Splunk Systems Security Engineer will help in developing or researching tools (COTS, GOTS, open source and other) or capabilities to more efficiently affect
Information Assurance (IA), as well as assess systems and proactively address threats, vulnerabilities and other IA and related concerns.
Essential functions will include:
- Perform log analysis and incident handling.
- Assess and provide correlation of events and other activities to enable defense of various activities (reactively and proactively).
- Supports analysis including (but not limited to) network traffic patterns, security requirements, future growth requirements, feasibility for virtualization,
resource requirements, risk mitigation, functional analysis, interface systems analysis, technical assessments,
technology benchmarking, enterprise architecture analysis, and requirement analysis.
- Perform system administration duties on the Information Assurance Support Environment systems as directed by the command IAM.
- Confer with and advise peers on administrative and technical policies and procedures.
- Provide support for wireless technologies including war driving, evaluating unique requirements, and working with command security on the use of wireless technologies.
- Provide content as appropriate for the command IA Website.
- Required Skills
Education/Min Years Experience:
• Bachelor's in Computer Science with related field and 2-3 years of experience in a similar role
• Must meet DoD 8570 IAT Level III certification requirements (CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner, CASP)
• Knowledge of SIEM solutions and Splunk experience including but not limited to dashboard creation, anomalous activity analysis, and incident identification reporting.
• Intermediate to advanced level skills in Microsoft Office software suite:
Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint.
Active US Government Security Clearance
- Optional Skills
• Knowledge of data at rest solutions, preferably Symantec Endpoint
• Encryption and/or McAfee Endpoint Encryption is highly desired.
• Current knowledge of DoD Ports, Protocols, and Services (PPS), Public Key Infrastructure (PKI), and DoD Information Assurance Vulnerability Management (IAVM) policies is helpful.