The job you're applying for is no longer available; please search our other great opportunities by clicking 'ALL JOBS' above!
- Job Title
- Accounting Manager
- Job ID
- WEST HOLLYWOOD, CA 90069-3704
- Other Location
Berenson Oncology is one of the only outpatient medical clinics devoted exclusively to multiple myeloma cancer treatment and research. Lead by world-renowned oncologist and researcher, James R. Berenson, MD., Berenson Oncology is a pioneer in creating cutting-edge treatments for patients with myeloma and associated blood cancers. This clinic is affiliated with the Institute for Myeloma & Bone Cancer Research, Oncotherapeutics and OncoTrackerand is located near Beverly Hills in the Sunset Medical Tower in West Hollywood, California, USA.
We are seeking an Accounting Manager to ensure timely and accurate monthly financial close, including payroll, research and management of general business expenses including clinical costs are all fairly stated in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and company’s accounting policies. The ideal candidate will have broad biotechnology, medical and/or pharmaceutical experience and have extensive experience working in ERP systems.
- Oversee monthly/quarterly/annual financial close, including development of process and procedures to ensure completeness, timeliness and accuracy.
- Manage all month-end close functions including preparing journal entries, reconciliations, supporting schedules and analyses as needed.
- Analyze and collect data to determine costs of all projects, including materials, labor costs and overhead.
- Assist with implementation of ERP system.
- Participate in any ERP projects and/or workshops.
- Enhance current accounting processes as the business grows.
- Collaborate with FP&A to evaluate new contracts, track and record actuals and accruals, and develop and implement improved processes to scale as the number and complexity of various business opportunities increase.
- Assist with the administration of executive compensation programs, including annual and long-term incentive programs.
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in Accounting.
- 5+ years of progressive accounting experience biotechnology, medical and/or pharmaceutical experience is highly valued.
- Proficiency in Quick Books, Excel and Word along with the ability to learn new systems quickly.
- Solid understanding of GAAP.
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to multi-task.
- Willingness to work extended hours during peak periods as needed.
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the U.S.
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive compensation and an extensive benefits package including paid time off, medical, dental and vision benefits and future growth opportunities within the company. Plus, we work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.