BE A SPARK IN OUR INDUSTRY
JOIN THE METRONOME FAMILY
Every individual has unique passions, career goals, and personal values. We are here to make the connection between those and the needs of our customers. When the stars align, we welcome our new employees - or Pulsers as we like to call them - to the family. We offer competitive benefits to ensure that our Pulsers are well taken care of for whatever comes their way.
Splunk Engineer II
- Job Title
- Splunk Engineer II
- Requirement ID
- Alexandria, VA
- Other Location
The Splunk Engineer candidate will recognize and on-board new data sources into Splunk, analyzing the data for anomalies and trends, and building dashboards highlighting the key trends of the data.
The candidate should be familiar with recognizing and on-boarding new data sources into Splunk, analyzing the data for anomalies and trends, and building dashboards highlighting the key trends of the data.
Team Member will work with other Cyber Security Engineering team members and will be required to interact with end users to gather requirements, perform troubleshooting, and provide assistance with the creation of Splunk search queries and dashboards.
The Splunk Engineer will be required interact with senior management, as necessary.
- Required Skills
Education/Min Years Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree coupled with 7+ years’ experience in the Information Technology arena.
4+ years of experience in a senior Splunk role
3+ Years experience in Linux and SQL/ODBC interfaces
2+ Years experience in app interface development, using REST API’s
• Previous project management experience.
• ITIL Change & Configuration Management
• Experience in SQL
• Experience in other systems and network management products.
• Current or former completed Splunk training
• Familiar with a Linux environment, editing and maintaining Splunk configuration files and apps
• Must meet DoD 8570 IAT Level III certification requirements (CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner, CASP)
Active US Government Security Clearance
- Optional Skills
• Knowledge of data at rest solutions,
preferably Symantec Endpoint Encryption and/or McAfee Endpoint Encryption.
• Current knowledge of DoD Ports, Protocols, and Services (PPS), Public Key Infrastructure (PKI), and DoD Information Assurance Vulnerability Management (IAVM) policies.