BE A SPARK IN OUR INDUSTRY
JOIN THE METRONOME FAMILY
Every individual has unique passions, career goals, and personal values.
We are here to make the connection between those and the needs of our customers.
When the stars align, we welcome our new employees - or Pulsers as we like to call them - to the family.
We offer a competitive benefits package, to ensure that our Pulsers are well taken care of for whatever comes their way.
Audio Visual Engineer/Technician 3
- Job Title
- Audio Visual Engineer/Technician 3
- Requirement ID
- Begin Date
- Springfield, VA
- Other Location
The Audio-Visual Engineer/Technician 3 is responsible for complex skills and tasks, including analysis of cross-functional problem sets, identifying root causes, resolving issues. The team member is able to research and evaluate new concepts and processes to improve performance, and guide more junior level technicians, specialists, and managers in their activities. This candidate is capable of performing the tasks of lower level technicians, specialists, and/or managers.
The team of Desktop/Voice-Video technicians provide PC, telephone, and voice and video conference support. While individuals may have certain specialties, the team will perform multiple functions, and will cross-train to apply skills in multiple areas.
- Unpacking and setting up PCs
- Installing PC operating systems via scripted install packages
- Installing application software on PCs via scripted install packages
- Providing basic user support for the software; PC, telephone and video troubleshooting when operation errors occur
- Providing limited support related to microcomputer networks and providing user training in basic hardware and software functions.
- Performs all administration involved with PC (desktop/notebooks) distribution including
- Performing inventory on software and computer stock and making request for order or ordering new equipment
- Performs service center technology support which may include duties such as installing an IP phone, installing COTS – GOTS software using scripts and install packages, service center technology trouble shooting when operation errors occur
- Work closely with other members of Service Operations team, Service Design and Service Transition personnel and other IT technical and applications staff.
- Support network and locally attached printers
- Use of the Support Center ticket database to track, update and close tickets.
- Create and maintain documentation to help train employees resolve day to day issues and knowledge transfer.
- Identify and execute process improvements and other enhancements that improve operational efficiency.
- Required Skills
High School Diploma/GED and 10 years’ experience or,
Associates and 8 years’ experience or,
Bachelor’s Degree and 6 years’ experience or,
Master’s Degree and 4 years’ experience or,
PhD and 2 years’ experience
• Be Accountable
• Solve Problems
• Take Ownership
• Be Client Centric
• Be Effective
Active US Government Security Clearance