BE A SPARK IN OUR INDUSTRY
JOIN THE METRONOME FAMILY
Every individual has unique passions, career goals, and personal values. We are here to make the connection between those and the needs of our customers. When the stars align, we welcome our new employees - or Pulsers as we like to call them - to the family. We offer competitive benefits to ensure that our Pulsers are well taken care of for whatever comes their way.
Systems Administrator V
- Job Title
- Systems Administrator V
- Requirement ID
- St. Louis, MO
- Other Location
The System Administrator (SA) 5 is responsible for exceptionally complex skills and tasks, including analysis of cross-functional problem sets, identifying root causes, and resolving issues. Team member will assist and guide more junior level technicians, specialists, and managers in their activities and is capable of performing the tasks of lower level technicians, specialists, and/or managers.
Systems Administrators are responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure. They ensure that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to organizational values, enabling mission success. The team will perform multiple functions, and will cross-train to apply skills in multiple areas.
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions.
- Perform daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media, recovery tapes or disks are created, and media is recycled and sent off site as necessary.
- Perform regular file archival and purge as necessary.
- Create, change, and delete user accounts per request.
- Provide Tier II & III/other support per request from various constituencies. Investigate and troubleshoot issues.
- Repair and recover from hardware or software failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted constituencies.
- Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure / add new services as necessary.
- Upgrade and configure system software that supports GIS infrastructure applications or Asset Management applications per project or operational needs.
- Maintain operational, configuration, or other procedures.
- Perform periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning.
- Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required. Configure CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required.
- Create and maintain documentation to help train employees resolve day to day issues and knowledge transfer.
- Identify and execute process improvements and other enhancements that improve operational efficiency.
- Interpret and/or discuss information with others, which involves terminology or concepts not familiar to many people
- Regularly provide advice and recommend actions involving rather complex issues
- Required Skills
High School Diploma/GED and 12 years’ experience or,
Associates and 10 years’ experience or,
Bachelor’s Degree and 8 years’ experience or,
Master’s Degree and 6 years’ experience or,
PhD and 4 years’ experience
Experience in one or more of the following areas:
• Desktop Image Management
• Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) Support Services
• Home Directory and Profile Support Services
• Print, Fax and Scan Support Services
• Unified Communications Support Services
• E-mail Support Services
• Desktop Software Support Services
• Desktop Entity Support Services
• Domain Services
• Directory, Authentication and Account Mgmt- O&S - Expanded 12x5
• Domain Name Services
• Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP)
• Patch Management (Windows)