BE A SPARK IN OUR INDUSTRY
JOIN THE METRONOME FAMILY
Every individual has unique passions, career goals, and personal values. We are here to make the connection between those and the needs of our customers. When the stars align, we welcome our new employees - or Pulsers as we like to call them - to the family. We offer competitive benefits to ensure that our Pulsers are well taken care of for whatever comes their way.
IT Project Manager SME
- Job Title
- IT Project Manager SME
- Requirement ID
- Springfield, VA
- Other Location
The IT Project Manager SME is recognized as a leader in the industry in their area of expertise and will perform exceptionally complex skills and tasks. Team member will assist more junior level technicians, specialists, and managers in their activities and is capable of performing the tasks of lower level technicians, specialists, and/or managers.The candidate will be expected work individually, actively participate on integrated teams, and lead multiple tasks, projects or teams.
- Research and evaluate new concepts and processes to improve performance
- Analyze cross-functional problem sets, identify root causes and resolves issues
- Provide expert advice and guidance
- Provide expert support, analysis, research, and advice into exceptionally complex problems, and processes relating to the subject matter
- Serve as technical expert on executive-level project teams providing technical direction, interpretation and alternatives.
- Expertise is in a particular area of Information Technology
- e.g., Cyber Security, Information Systems Architecture, Telecommunications Systems Design, Architecture, Implementation, Information Systems Integration, Software Development Methodologies, Security Engineering, Communications and Network Systems Management.
- Perform highly specialized and technical tasks associated with the most current and cutting-edge technologies
- Facilitate discussions among a wide range of career levels, from entry to senior levels
- May serve as a technical consultant to a project or a number projects dealing with area of technical expertise
- Coordinate with contract management and customer personnel to ensure the problems have been properly defined and the solutions satisfy customer needs
- Oversee and monitor performance, and when required, takes steps to resolve issues
- Required Skills
Education/Min Years Experience:
• High School Diploma/GED and 10 years’ experience or,
Associates and 8 years’ experience or,
Bachelor’s Degree and 6 years’ experience or,
Master’s Degree and 4 years’ experience or,
PhD and 2 years’ experience
• Experience with Lean Six Sigma analysis and improvement activities
• Experience with IT Service Management (ITSM) Best Practices such as ITIL and ISO 20000.
• Experience leading process description and procedure development and improvement using workshops to guide process flow and RACI chart development and identification of the ‘AS IS’ and ‘TO BE’ process.
• Experience with auditing of processes and procedures against ITSM and organizational processes and procedures
Active US Government Security Clearance Required.
- Optional Skills
• ITIL Foundation Certification or ISO 20000 audit experience preferred.