CNC Machinist Night Shift - Clinton Twp.
- Job Title
- CNC Machinist Night Shift - Clinton Twp.
- Job ID
- Clinton Twp, MI 48036
- Other Location
Night Shift - 2 weeks on days then move to nights. 5:30 pm - 5:30 am. 60 days contract to hire. Experience needed.
Produce machined parts by programming, setting up and operating a CNC machine maintaining quality and safety standards, keeping records, maintaining equipment and supplies.
- Plan machining by studying work orders, blueprints, engineering plans, materials, specifications, orthographic drawings, reference planes, locations of surfaces, and machining parameters; interpreting geometric dimensions and tolerances (GD&T)
- Program mills and lathes by entering instructions, including zero and reference points; setting tool registers, offsets, calculating requirements, including basic math, geometry, and trigonometry, proving part programs
- Set up mills and lathes by installing and adjusting three- and four-jaw chucks, tools, attachments, collets, bushings, cams, gears, stops, and stock pushers; indicating vices
- Load feed mechanism by lifting stock into position
- Verify settings by measuring position; first-run part, and sample workpieces; adhering to international standards
- Maintains specifications by observing drilling, grooving and cutting; including turning, facing, knurling and thread chasing operations; taking measurements; detecting malfunctions; troubleshooting processes; adjusting controls; sharpening and replacing worn tools, adhering to quality assurance procedures and processes
- Maintains safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations
- Maintains equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs