Midwest Regional Operations Manager
- Job Title
- Midwest Regional Operations Manager
- Job ID
- Iowa City, IA
- Other Location
Midwest Regional Operations Manager
Our customer an independent inspection service company has an immediate need for a Midwest Regional Operations Manager.
They provide high quality testing and inspection services to their customers in the oil/gas, nuclear, non-nuclear power, pharma and manufacturing industries. Potential candidates must have the industry experience referenced to be considered. This is a full time position with benefits based out of our customer’s facility in SE Iowa.
Operations manager is responsible for all aspects of multiple existing service line groups residing in multiple locations. This includes P&L management, daily operations, customer satisfaction, account retention and growth, budgets, profitability and talent management. This position will oversee all operations to ensure quality, sustainability, and long-term growth while cultivating exceptional service delivery and customer satisfaction.
Role and Responsibilities
- Maintain compliance of company’s mission statement, core values, employee handbook, drug and alcohol programs and operating procedures.
- Determine current and future staffing needs by analyzing and maintaining optimum level of skills and mix of employees
- Responsible for full cycle talent management including staffing, training, developing and promoting employees, addressing problem areas and administering performance reviews for direct reports
- Develop a culture that embraces safety, quality and efficiency and focuses on customer satisfaction
- Develop and mentor employees to produce effective leaders, skilled technician and efficient support staff
- Review recurring utilization reports and take appropriate action to ensure efficient operations
- Prepare and Analyze/budget forecast on a monthly and yearly basis
- Generate sales opportunities with existing and prospective clients
- Develop and maintain systems which provide acceptable levels of returns from generated revenues
- Maintain responsibility for assigned customer accounts; this includes, but is not limited to, understanding customer needs, providing solutions to address needs and working with customers to resolve concerns
- Develop strong relationships with key decision makers within current and potential clients
- Collaborate with internal SME’s for client solutions
- Present R&D technologies to clients to show proactive customer service
- Network and represent company at trade shows, meetings, seminars and industry forums
- Provide input and pricing structure for contract proposals
- Generate site specific improvements with Site Managers
- Oversee recommendation of purchases and expenditures, including CapEx budget planning/approval
- Determine equipment needs for upcoming projects, expansion and planed replacement
- Investigate and critique new industry specific technology
- Update and develop department specific procedures
- Oversee administration and scheduling of internal safety and quality audit programs the audit of inspection equipment
- Participate in applicable client events
- Maintain systems to assure regulatory compliance (safety, radioactive materials licensing, environmental, and laws at all government levels).
Education and Experience
- Degree preferred or equivalent experience
- 7+ years industry or operations experience
- 3+ years directly managing people or serving in a leadership capacity
- Experience with budgets and/or P&L management a plus
- Either Level III certified in multiple methods or has equivalent training and experience
- Strong communication, organizational, time management, and record keeping skills
- Ability to work in a heavily matrixed environment
- Ability to pass governmental background screening as required by Homeland Security criteria and DOT drug and alcohol testing requirements
- Current driver’s license and acceptable driving record
- Basic understanding of computers, word process software and accounting software
- Applicable industry related certifications a plus
Travel will be required and may fluctuate. Approximately 40% travel required.
For immediate consideration call Mike for full details at 763-561-1061, email resume to email@example.com