To upload a resume, please click on the “Create Profile” tab
Director of Nursing
- Job Title
- Director of Nursing
- Job ID
- Manhattan, NY
- Other Location
A Nursing and Rehab center located at lower Manhattan is looking for an experienced Director of Nursing (DNS) to join their team. The successful candidate will be responsible for maintaining quality of care throughout the entire facility across all departments. He or she will also be required to manage and train our nursing staff. The ideal candidate for this position would have previous experience in a nursing leadership position, a strong ability to work with a team, and an in-depth knowledge of the healthcare industry.
· Lead the nursing staff in delivering excellent care to patients and offering quality support to the medical staff
· Ensure that each nurse on staff is properly certified and abides by the standards for care established by our organization and state and federal laws
· Create new policies and update existing policies to help improve the level of care for each patient
· Implement quality improvement programs designed to help us deliver the highest possible levels of service
· Ensure that all patient care plans have the documentation necessary to provide the proper type of care
· Participates in all admission decisions, and may visit prospective residents before admission.
· Participates in daily or weekly management team meetings to discuss resident status, census changes, personnel, or resident complaints or concerns.
· Oversees nursing schedules to assure they meet resident needs and regulatory and budgetary standards.
· Must possess a current New York license as a Registered Nurse and have graduated from an accredited school of nursing.
· Two years of professional nursing experience in the long-term care setting is required
· Minimum of three years’ experience in nursing administration or a comparable management position.
· Must possess and demonstrate a high degree of leadership, organizational ability, and communication skills. Knowledge of long-term care management, policies, budgeting, personnel management, and census development is required.
· Current CPR certification is preferred.