Field Service Engineer - Automation Systems
- Job Title
- Field Service Engineer - Automation Systems
- Job ID
- Chicago, IL
- Other Location
A premier Process Controls and Integration Company serving the Midwest Region has a full time opportunity available for a Field Service Engineer to support their Automation Systems Projects and Installed base. This position is based in the Chicagoland Area.
The successful candidate will be a key member of the Systems Engineering Team and be involved in the development, delivery, on-going maintenance and optimization of new and installed automation systems.
- DCS and Network commissioning, startup, troubleshooting and maintenance
- On-site control system modifications/upgrades, tuning and optimization to meet customer needs.
- Install and Troubleshoot Microsoft operating systems, Symantec, McAfee and Acronis
- Troubleshoot computer related problems
- Troubleshoot and install TCP/IP networks
- Setup interfaces to PLCs, Drives and Bus-Based Networks
- Power and Grounding Audits and troubleshooting
- Travel to customer facilities
- Computer Systems, Information Technology, Networking & Communication or equivalent Associates or Bachelor’s Degree.
- 5+ years in the control system engineering field.
- Meet project team commitments and deadlines
- Experience with virtualization technology (Hyper- V or VMware) a plus.
- Work independently and as part of a team.
- Travel to customer facilities as needed
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Maintain technical knowledge by staying abreast of latest technologies.
For consideration, please submit your resume in Word format to email@example.com at National Engineering Resources or fax to (763) 561-7675.