BE A SPARK IN OUR INDUSTRY
JOIN THE METRONOME FAMILY
Every individual has unique passions, career goals, and personal values. We are here to make the connection between those and the needs of our customers. When the stars align, we welcome our new employees - or Pulsers as we like to call them - to the family. We offer competitive benefits to ensure that our Pulsers are well taken care of for whatever comes their way.
- Job Title
- Requirement ID
- Springfield, VA 22150
- Other Location
The Secretary will provide administrative services in support of our customer’s mission requirements. Team Member is expected to display a high level of professionalism and quality of work regardless of the labor category.
- Interact, coordinate, and facilitate office administrative activities in a proactive, efficient and professional manner.
- Achieve all daily administrative requirements in an efficient and competent manner.
- Obtain a strong working knowledge and understanding of the assigned office’s organizational policies, guidance and administrative business rhythms and processes.
- Take general operational and administrative direction from the Government office’s designated lead. Other internal/external Government staff within the assigned office may also routinely assign tasks within the scope of the administrative requirements. If conflicts in direction occur, Team Member shall make every effort to professionally resolve the issue and, if required, contact Metronome’s PM for assistance.
At times, an office’s administrative support requirements and business rhythms could shift in tempo to support surges or expand/contract due to organizational driven changes. Therefore, personnel must provide the necessary flexibility that may be required to accommodate different administrative support needs found in each customer office across the agency and when organization driven changes occur.
Team Member shall provide professional and proactive mission-oriented administrative support to the assigned customer office. Administrative support will mainly consist of performing the following requirements:
- Maintain a working level understanding of the organization and its corporate business rhythms in order to effectively execute administrative requirements for the office. This includes reading, understanding and applying applicable IC, DoD and end customer policies, instructions, regulations, and guidance.
- Receptionist duties such as: greeting, receiving, and assisting office visitors, to include escorting to meeting place, upon entrance/exit of the facility, or as required; answering phone calls for the purpose of recording messages, transferring calls, assisting with caller inquiries, coordinating office agendas and activities; etc.
- Operate a computer, calculator, copier/scanner, and other common office equipment. This includes the ability to use standard office equipment and Microsoft Office software applications to the degree expected at each labor category.
- Process mail to include retrieval, opening (as required), inspecting, distributing, and picking-up for mailroom delivery.
- Read publications, regulations, directive, instructions and guidance and take action or refer those that are important to office leadership, management and/or staff.
- Establish and maintain both hardcopy and computer based filing systems, to include performing routine filing of various office data/record files.
- Prepare, review and/or edit correspondences such as form letters, reports, tables, spreadsheets, and other printed material.
- Copy and scan office documents, files, records, etc. Some tasks may include either actually performing the copy/scanning operation or assisting with the processing through rapid reproduction.
- Assist with the preparation of materials needed for conferences, correspondence, appointments, travel, meetings, telephone calls, etc.
- Manage office calendars to support planning and coordination of office events, functions, meetings, work requirements and other noteworthy calendar topics.
- Perform data entry and maintenance of stored data/records in established databases, spreadsheets and other electronic data/record tracking and repository systems.
- Assist with meeting agendas, arranging meet-me numbers and conference room schedules, coordinating meeting material and pantry items, taking meeting notes and producing a post-meeting report for approval and distribution, tracking meeting action items for disposition, etc.
- Support creation of Staff Summary Sheets (SSS) and staffing of documents for review and/or signatures.
- Other duties as assigned.
The work environment is generally categorized as professional and will be performed in an office environment. There is significant routine contact with senior leadership, management and other administrative personnel. Team Member shall demonstrate a professional demeanor, neat appearance, and understanding of proper office etiquette at all times.
The dynamics of the various customer offices can be diverse, fast-paced, demanding, and stressful with short suspense’s and multiple tasks having competing priorities. It should be noted that each office is unique and therefore administrative tasks could be dynamic and vary in complexity. Team member shall maintain a flexible work-style that adapts to dynamic office tempos and changing priorities.
- Required Skills
Bachelor’s or Associate’s Degree in General Business Courses or a related degree from an accredited University/College and Minimum 1 year of secretary experience; Or,
High School Diploma and Minimum 3 years of secretary experience.
• Prior experience that demonstrates a solid foundational knowledge and understanding of the responsibilities of a secretary performing general office administrative tasks. Perform basic administrative tasks with minimal assistance.
• Strong professionalism with the ability to consistently demonstrate tact and maturity.
• Strong interpersonal and/or soft skills, and office etiquette to: Facilitate professional relationships and support efficient execution of all office administrative requirements; and, Leads to a positive customer oriented service experience by internal office personnel, external customers, and visitors.
• Teaming and collaboration skills that foster office unity and cohesiveness in support the office administrative requirements.
• Excellent communication skills both verbally and written with the ability to: Articulate office administrative requirements/actions/needs in a professional tone and attitude; Exchange information to facilitate positive and efficient work processes and results; and Produce written correspondence (i.e., email, letter, document, etc.) that is succinct, coherent, uses proper tone, demonstrates proper grammatical use of the English language, and presents proper format/form per established corporate/office guidance.
• Strong office and work organization skills.
• Capable of multi-tasking in a fast-paced office environment.
• Proficient in using office IT with the ability to operate standard office equipment (e.g., copiers, scanners, facsimile machines, computer workstations, phones, teleconference/video teleconference equipment).
• Proficiency in using/applying MS Office software applications (i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook: Mail, Calendar, and File Functions) to complete administrative functions.
• Understands office filing systems (hardcopy and softcopy) and general requirements.
• Strong organizational, problem solving and time management skills. Must be detailed oriented and possess consistent, mature judgment.
• Able to handle a moderate and demanding workload; efficiently coordinate resources, and reasonably work in a fast-paced environment that may often have competing priorities.
- Optional Skills
• Fundamental understanding of the DoD and IC.
• Prior DoD and/or IC experience working in a related field.
• Prior experience working with the military and understanding of the military services.
• Ability to operate Video Teleconference (VTC) equipment; and this include teleconferences.