BE A SPARK IN OUR INDUSTRY
JOIN THE METRONOME FAMILY
Every individual has unique passions, career goals, and personal values. We are here to make the connection between those and the needs of our customers. When the stars align, we welcome our new employees - or Pulsers as we like to call them - to the family. We offer competitive benefits to ensure that our Pulsers are well taken care of for whatever comes their way.
- Job Title
- Administrative Secretary
- Requirement ID
- Springfield, VA 22150
- Other Location
The Administrative Secretary provides administrative services in support of our customer’s mission requirements. Depending on the customer office, some tasks can be more dynamic (i.e., less routine) and challenging than other tasks. Team Member is expected to display a high level of professionalism and quality of work regardless of the labor category.
- Interact, coordinate, and facilitate office administrative activities in a proactive, efficient and professional manner.
- Achieve all daily administrative requirements in an efficient and competent manner.
- Obtain a strong working knowledge and understanding of the assigned office’s organizational policies, guidance and administrative business rhythms and processes.
- Take general operational and administrative direction from the Government office’s designated lead. Other internal/external Government staff within the assigned office may also routinely assign tasks within the scope of the administrative requirements. If conflicts in direction occur, Team Member shall make every effort to professionally resolve the issue and, if required, contact Metronome’s PM for assistance.
At times, an office’s administrative support requirements and business rhythms could shift in tempo to support surges or expand/contract due to organizational driven changes. Therefore, personnel must provide the necessary flexibility that may be required to accommodate different administrative support needs found in each customer office across the agency and when organization driven changes occur.
Team Member shall provide professional and proactive mission-oriented administrative support to the assigned customer office. Administrative support will mainly consist of performing the following requirements:
- Maintain a working level understanding of the organization and its corporate business rhythms in order to effectively execute administrative requirements for the office. This includes reading, understanding and applying applicable IC, DoD and end customer policies, instructions, regulations, and guidance.
- Receptionist duties such as: greeting, receiving, and assisting office visitors, to include escorting to meeting place, upon entrance/exit of the facility, or as required; answering phone calls for the purpose of recording messages, transferring calls, assisting with caller inquiries, coordinating office agendas and activities; etc.
- Operate a computer, calculator, copier/scanner, and other common office equipment. This includes the ability to use standard office equipment and Microsoft Office software applications to the degree expected at each labor category.
- Process mail to include retrieval, opening (as required), inspecting, distributing, and picking-up for mailroom delivery.
- Read publications, regulations, directive, instructions and guidance and take action or refer those that are important to office leadership, management and/or staff.
- Establish and maintain both hardcopy and computer based filing systems, to include performing routine filing of various office data/record files.
- Prepare, review and/or edit correspondences such as form letters, reports, tables, spreadsheets, and other printed material.
- Copy and scan office documents, files, records, etc. Some tasks may include either actually performing the copy/scanning operation or assisting with the processing through rapid reproduction.
- Assist with the preparation of materials needed for conferences, correspondence, appointments, travel, meetings, telephone calls, etc.
- Manage office calendars to support planning and coordination of office events, functions, meetings, work requirements and other noteworthy calendar topics.
- Perform data entry and maintenance of stored data/records in established databases, spreadsheets and other electronic data/record tracking and repository systems.
- Assist with meeting agendas, arranging meet-me numbers and conference room schedules, coordinating meeting material and pantry items, taking meeting notes and producing a post-meeting report for approval and distribution, tracking meeting action items for disposition, etc.
- Support creation of Staff Summary Sheets (SSS) and staffing of documents for review and/or signatures.
- Provide responsive administrative support to facilitate completion of all organizational mission requirements with minimal assistance and/or guidance. This will require interpreting and applying policies, guidelines, and procedures.
- Determine best approach and courses of action to take in both routine and non-routine administrative situations with minimal assistance and/or guidance. This will require accurately interpreting and adapting guidelines, including unwritten policies, precedents and practices that are not always completely applicable to a changing situation.
- Manage office schedules and calendars to administratively support responsive planning, coordination, execution, and completion of business rhythms, corporate requirements, and events (i.e., meetings, conferences, travel, etc.) with minimal assistance and/or guidance.
- Keep leadership and staff apprised of high priority issues, requirements, and developments as it relates to office business and administrative activities.
- Assist subordinate secretaries on new procedures; requests information needed form the subordinate offices for periodic or special conference, reports, inquiries, etc.
The work environment is generally categorized as professional and will be performed in an office environment. There is significant routine contact with senior leadership, management and other administrative personnel. Team Member shall demonstrate a professional demeanor, neat appearance, and understanding of proper office etiquette at all times.
The dynamics of the various customer offices can be diverse, fast-paced, demanding, and stressful with short suspense’s and multiple tasks having competing priorities. It should be noted that each office is unique and therefore administrative tasks could be dynamic and vary in complexity. Team member shall maintain a flexible work-style that adapts to dynamic office tempos and changing priorities.
- Required Skills
Bachelor’s in General Business Administration or a related degree from an accredited University/College and Minimum 2+ years of secretary experience; or,
Associate’s Degree in General Business Administration or a related degree from an accredited College and Minimum 4+ years of secretary experience; or,
High School Diploma and Minimum 6+ years of secretary experience
• Prior experience as a secretary, administratively supporting lower-to-mid management levels of an office, performing general administrative requirements independently.
• Proven experience as a secretary supporting administrative requirements at the mid- to upper-management levels of an office, accomplishing advanced administrative tasks with no assistance.
• Fundamental understanding of the DoD and IC.
• Strong professionalism with the ability to consistently demonstrate tact and maturity.
• Strong interpersonal and/or soft skills, and office etiquette within a professional environment to: Facilitate professional relationships and support efficient execution of all office administrative requirements; and, Obtain a positive customer oriented service experience by internal/external office personnel, customers, and visitors.
• Strong teaming and collaboration skills that foster office unity and cohesiveness in support the office administrative requirements.
• Capable of handling a large workload, effectively coordinate multiple resources, and multi-task in a fast-paced environment that may often have competing priorities with minimal assistance.
• Strong communication skills both verbally and written with the ability to: Articulate office administrative requirements/actions/needs in a professional tone and attitude; Exchange information to facilitate positive and efficient work processes and results; and Produce written correspondence (i.e., email, letter, document, etc.) that is succinct, coherent, uses proper tone, demonstrates proper grammatical use of the English language, and presents proper format/form per established corporate/office guidance.
• Good office organization skills that facilitates a neat and orderly presentation of the work environment and administrative activities. (Note: Customer has a clean desk policy that requires a clutter free work environment and the proper storage of working papers.)
• Proficient working knowledge of office IT equipment (e.g., copiers, scanners, facsimile machines, computer workstations, phones, teleconference/video teleconference equipment) with the ability to independently operate such equipment in completing office administrative tasks.
• Proficient working knowledge of MS Office software applications (i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook: Mail, Calendar, and File Functions) with the ability to use these applications to efficiently complete office administrative tasks.
• Experience with office filing systems (hardcopy and softcopy) using specified format and structure.
• Able to be a self-starter and work with minimal assistance to complete all assigned work requirements.
• Strong problem solving and time management skills. Must be detailed oriented and possess consistent, mature judgment.
• Able to handle a moderate and demanding workload; efficiently coordinate resources, and reasonably work in a fast-paced environment that may often have competing priorities.
Active US Government Security Clearance Required.
- Optional Skills
• Prior DoD and/or IC experience working in a related field.
• Prior experience working with the military and understanding of the military services.
• Proficient working knowledge of the following corporate applications: PeopleSoft; Defense Travel System (DTS) with knowledge of the Joint Travel Regulation (JTR); NCERTS; SharePoint
• Possesses a working knowledge of the customer internal coordination and approval processes.
• Working knowledge of Access database
• Proficient with customer correspondence manual
• Working knowledge of customer’s File Plan requirements
• A working level understanding of customer corporate processes
• Prior experience with the awards and decorations process
• Ability to schedule, coordinate, set-up, and operate Video Teleconference (VTC) equipment; and this include teleconferences.