Join Our Team
Why Möbius Partners?
At Möbius Partners, we know our most valuable asset is our people, so we hire only the best—and we call them Groovers.
What is a Groover?
Groovers have the Möbius Partners’ special sauce – the “IT” factor. Groovers share a sense of humor, a sense of urgency, and the ability to think outside the box and stay ahead of the curve.
As one of the fastest-growing IT solutions providers in Texas, we have created an award- winning culture that’s been recognized repeatedly as one of the “Best Places to Work” in Texas.
If you’re a Groover and you have the skills, the vision, and the creativity to contribute to our fast-paced environment while growing your career in unlimited ways, then we want to hear from you.
- Job Title
- Network Engineer
- Job ID
- San Antonio, TX
- Other Location
Do you want to join a supportive atmosphere that will allow you to develop both personally and professionally in an innovative environment? Our client based in San Antonio, TX is currently hiring a Network Engineer to join their team.
- The Network Engineer will be responsible for analyzing, designing, installing, configuring, maintaining and repairing of network infrastructure and application components.
- Perform a wide variety of evaluation, maintenance, installation and training tasks to ensure the computer network performance meets company and user satisfaction.
- Provide direction, information, and recommendations regarding network configurations and installations.
- Participate in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure.
- Ensures that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to organizational values, enabling staff, volunteers, and partners.
- Assist project teams with technical issues in the Initiation and Planning phases of our standard Project Management Methodology. These activities include the definition of needs, benefits, and technical strategy; research & development within the project life‐cycle; technical analysis and design; and support of operations staff in executing, testing and rolling‐out the solutions.
- Participation on projects is focused on smoothing the transition of projects from development staff to production staff by performing operations activities within the project life‐cycle.
- This individual is accountable for the following systems: Firewall and Network systems and supported subsystems that support the infrastructure; VPN architecture as well as the responsibilities on these systems include engineering and provisioning, operations and support, maintenance and research and development to ensure continual innovation.
- Install new / rebuild existing network devices, peripherals, services, settings, directories, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
- Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures.
- Research and recommend innovative, and where possible automated approaches for system administration tasks.
- Identify approaches that leverage our resources and provide economies of scale.
- Design, setup and configure complex wireless networking that supports open or secured access and the ability to support voice and video applications.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of Local Area Networking.
- Assist in the design of multi‐server environments including IP address schemes, DNS, WINS, Ether‐Channel (Bonding), etc.
- Configuring and installing client and server network software for upgrading and maintaining network and telecommunication systems.
- Maintaining multi‐site network operations and software applications, operating systems and regular.
- Maintenance with both private and public facilities.Troubleshooting malfunctions of network hardware and software applications, telephones and security systems to resolve operational issues and restore services.
- Create, change, and delete user accounts per request.
- Repair and recover from hardware or software failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted constituencies.
- Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities.
- Configure / add new services as necessary.
- Maintain data center environmental and monitoring equipment.
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four year college or university; or three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing publications.
- Knowledge of security software programs and implementation.
- Comprehensive hands‐on hardware troubleshooting experience.
- Working technical knowledge of current network protocols, operating systems, software, and standards.
- Ability to operate tools, components, and peripheral accessories.
- Able to read and understand technical manuals, procedural documentation, and OEM guides.
- Ability to conduct research into hardware products and issues as required.
- Any other duties as assigned by management.
Certifications: CCNA, CCNA Security, CCDA, CCNP, CCIE, CSSA, CSSP, JNCIA or similar certifications are desirable.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.
Questions? Email us at: email@example.com