Dairy Department Lead
- Job Title
- Dairy Department Lead
- Job ID
- Cleveland, OH 44106
- Other Location
Meijer is opening a new Market Format store in Fairfax (Cleveland), OH this Winter! We are looking for dynamic leaders looking to join Meijer. Great opportunity to be a part of a new store, focused on community, where you'll make an impact in the lives of our community every day!
Great benefits offered that include, tuition reimbursement, Medical, Dental, weekly pay, and much more.
We are looking for leaders to join our Dairy department.
Don't miss the opportunity to be a part of the Meijer team!
Responsible for leading teams across multiple departments, empowering them to make the difference. Set a great example for those in your span of care, by simply creating an exceptional customer experience.
- Manage ordering, receiving, stocking, pricing and product displays.
- Source local products to create a farmer’s market feel.
- Plan, write and communicate store schedules.
- Establish clear standards for daily and hourly market conditions.
- Drive key metrics for department including sales, margin, inventory, net profit, customer satisfaction and safety.
- Foster and drive open communication with team to ensure exchange of information to improve customer shopping experience and store financial performance.
- Develop store to be part of the community with products, events, community relationships through team member empowerment.
- Work flexibly to assume responsibilities for team members or assistant store managers when needed.
- Ensure freshness of product by closely monitoring execution to rotation and dating policy.
- Stay on top of competitive trends; investigate and analyze strengths/weaknesses of competition.
- Passion for customer service.
- 2 - 3 years of retail experience preferred.
- Ability to demonstrate creative thinking.
- Ability to quickly build rapport and gain customer confidence to create repeat business.
- Ability to lift, carry, push, pull, bend, and twist while handling product.
- Experience writing and executing plans.
- Has proven track record of developing teams to achieve service, presentation, sales, and margin expectations.
- Experience in inventory control management, cycle, and period inventories.
- Required Skills
2 - 3 years of retail experience preferred.
Has proven track record of developing teams to achieve service, presentation, sales, and margin expectations.
Experience in inventory control management, cycle, and period inventories.