Data Modeler (Remote)
- Job Title
- Data Modeler (Remote)
- Job ID
- Work From Home
- St. Louis, MO 63134
- Other Location
From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 3 markets, employing nearly 200+ individuals nation-wide. Operating in over 15 states, our client base ranges from Fortune 500/1000 companies to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are exclusively used due to our outstanding staffing track record.
Who We Are:
Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project-based work.
Conexess Group is aiding a large healthcare client in their search for a Data Modeler in a remote capacity. This is a long-term opportunity with a competitive compensation package.
******We are unable to work C2C on this role******
- Perform data analysis, data modeling, and data mapping following industry and data design standards for analytics/data warehouses and operational data stores across various DBMS types, including Teradata, Oracle, Cloud, and Hadoop data lake.
- Perform data analysis, profiling and validation, contributing to data quality efforts to understand data characteristics and ensure data correctness/condition for use.
- Participate in and coordinate data model metadata development processes to support ongoing development efforts (data dictionary, NSM, and FET files), maintenance of data model/data mapping metadata, and linking of our data design metadata to business terms, data models, mapping documents, ETL jobs, and data model governance operations (policies, standards, best practices).
- Facilitate and actively participate in data model/data mapping reviews and audits, fostering collaborative working relationships and partnerships with multidisciplinary teams.
- Provide guidance, mentoring, and training as needed in data modeling, data lineage, ddl code, and the associated toolsets (erwin Data Modeler, erwin Web Portal, erwin model mart, Erwin Data Intelligence Suite, Alation).
- Assist with the creation, documentation, and maintenance of data design standards and best practices involving data modeling, data mapping, and metadata capture including data sensitivity, data quality rules, and reference data usage.
- Develop and facilitate strong partnerships and working relationships with Data Governance, delivery, and other data partners.
- Continuously improve operational processes for data design metadata management for global and strategic data. Interact with Business stakeholders and IT in defining and managing data design. Coordination, collaboration, and innovation with Solution Verticals, Data Lake teams, IT & Business Portfolios to ensure alignment of data design metadata and related information with ongoing programs (cyber risk and security) and development efforts.
- 10+ years’ experience with data modeling (logical/physical data model, canonical structures, etc.) and SQL code; Subject matter expertise level experience preferred
- Understanding of data integration and transformation and ELT technologies for data lineage
- Experience with Big data, data lake, structured, unstructured, domestic and global data
- Experience executing data model/data lineage governance across business and technical data
- Experience utilizing data model/lineage/mapping/analysis management tools for business, technical and operational metadata (erwin Data Modeler, erwin Web Portal, Erwin Model Mart, erwin Data Intelligence Suite, Alation)
- Experience working in an Agile delivery environment (Jira, Confluence, SharePoint, Git, etc.)