Alation Engineer (Remote)
- Job Title
- Alation Engineer (Remote)
- Job ID
- Work From Home
- St. Louis, MO 63134
- Other Location
From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 3 markets, employing nearly 200+ individuals nation-wide. Operating in over 15 states, our client base ranges from Fortune 500/1000 companies to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are exclusively used due to our outstanding staffing track record.
Who We Are:
Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project-based work.
Conexess Group is aiding a large healthcare client in their search for an Alation Engineer in a remote capacity. This is a long-term opportunity with a competitive compensation package.
******We are unable to work C2C on this role******
- Serve as the lead technician responsible for design, engineering and development of information technology solutions for Alation products, including automation, API integration, catalog management, and metamodel ingestion/extension.
- Create automated scheduling and monitoring jobs, and shared/administration/usage reports, managing codebase.
- Serve as the primary technical contact for vendor, including ticket management and exploration of new capabilities.
- Create and maintain system architecture and engineering best practices documentation
- Monitor ServiceNow work queue, managing metadata product suites
- Troubleshoot and perform work to resolve infrastructure compatibility issues based on system architecture, project requirements, customer expectations, improve/maintain product health, etc
- Perform testing for development and production software upgrades, documenting installations, changes, and configurations
- 4+ years’ experience in Dev Ops, system administration, software product administration, preferably Alation, Collibra, and/or Erwin Data Modeler
- 4+ years’ experience in database and cloud usage, Linux / Unix, Python, SQL coding (MS SQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL), and API development
- Experience utilizing metadata management tools for business, technical and operational metadata (Alation, Collibra, erwin Data Modeler, Erwin Model Mart, erwin Data Intelligence Suite)
- Understanding and implementation of data movement, integration, and transformation (ELT)
- Experience with Big data, data lake, structured, unstructured, domestic and global data
- Experience working in an Agile delivery environment (Jira, Confluence, SharePoint, Git, etc.)
- Must be able to meet deliverable timelines while delivering quality work