Cobol Developer (Remote)
- Job Title
- Cobol Developer (Remote)
- Job ID
- Work From Home
- Philadelphia, PA 19192
- Other Location
From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 3 markets, employing nearly 200+ individuals nation-wide. Operating in over 15 states, our client base ranges from Fortune 500/1000 companies to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are exclusively used due to our outstanding staffing track record.
Who We Are:
Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project-based work.
Conexess Group is aiding a large healthcare client in their search for a Mainframe Cobol Developer in a remote capacity. This is a long-term opportunity with a competitive compensation package.
******We are unable to work C2C on this role******
- Articulate clear business objectives aligned to technical specifications and work in an iterative, agile pattern daily.
- Have ownership over their work tasks, and embrace interacting with all levels of the team and raise challenges when necessary.
- Minimize "meetings" to get requirements and have direct business interactions
- Write referenceable & modular code
- Design and architect the solution independently
- Be fluent in particular areas and have proficiency in many areas
- Have a quality mindset, not just code quality but also to ensure ongoing data quality by monitoring data to identify problems before they have business impact
- Take risks and champion new ideas
- 2+ years being part of Agile teams – Scrum or Kanban
- 2+ years of working with COBOL/Mainframe
- Experience with Endevor, Eztrieve, DB2
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Strong communication skills
- Work in an agile CI/CD environment (Jenkins experience a plus)
- Knowledge and/or experience with Health care information domains is a plus