Senior Financial Analyst - Healthcare
- Job Title
- Senior Financial Analyst - Healthcare
- Job ID
- Work Hybrid
- Nashville, TN 37205
- Other Location
Conexess is aiding a local healthcare client in their search for a Senior Financial Analyst. This person needs to live in the middle TN area and be able to come into the Nashville office 1-2 times a week. This person will be reporting to the Vice President of Financial Planning and Analysis. The Senior Financial Analyst uses analytical thought processes, business judgment, and reporting expertise to translate financial and clinical data into impactful financial analyses, recommendations, and helps guide the decisions of the organization.
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Duties:
- Design, develop, and utilize sophisticated financial models for short-term and long-term planning (specifically using Microsoft Excel).
- Closely monitor and report on financial and clinical metrics and business drivers.
- Maintain, update, prepare and present monthly financial revenue forecasting which serves as the basis for revenue recognition and asset-based lending
- Analyze, prepare, and present operational, clinical, and financial analysis to relevant departments
- Responsible for maintaining and assembling large data set utilizing data mining skills, analyzing operational performance, identifying problems, developing recommendations which support planning and operations and presenting these recommendations to senior management.
- Actively collaborate with other team members and other business leaders to assess needs and proactively leverage subject matter expertise to improve clinical, operational, and financial performance and decision making.
- Communicate effectively with various disciplines fostering positive, open communications and teamwork.
- Actively participate, or take leadership role, in carrying out special projects.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Economics, Accounting, Business or similar experience
- 5 years of experience in a Financial or Data Analyst or similar role
- Healthcare industry experience, preferred
Skills and Abilities:
- Experience and strengths in financial modeling and analysis
- Excellent Microsoft 365 Office Suite skills
- MS Excel Super User, Power Query and Power Pivot
- Proficient in Power BI
- Strong analytical skills
- Fundamental mathematical skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and identify and solve problems.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work
- Understanding of HIPAA
- Professional presence
This position operates in a professional office environment. The role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
This position will have direct access to ePHI and must comply with HIPAA regulations.
This is a hybrid role requiring periodic in-office attendance and residence in the middle Tennesssee area.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to remain in a stationary position more than 50% of the time; occasionally move about inside the office; operate a computer and other office productivity machinery; occasionally ascend/descend stairs; frequently pulls and removes files from cabinets, occasionally in the basement and other areas; frequently communicates with various internal and external populations including individuals representing legal and governmental agencies.
Occasional travel may be required.