DevOps Engineer (Hybrid Schedule)
- Job Title
- DevOps Engineer (Hybrid Schedule)
- Job ID
- Work Hybrid
- St. Louis, MO 63134
- Other Location
From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 3 markets, employing nearly 200+ individuals nation-wide. Operating in over 15 states, our client base ranges from Fortune 500/1000 companies to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are exclusively used due to our outstanding staffing track record.
Who We Are:
Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project-based work.
Conexess Group is aiding a large healthcare client in their search for a DevOps Engineer to work in a hybrid capacity in any of the following locations: St. Louis, MO, Bloomfield, CT, Minneapolis, MN, or Morris Plains, NJ . This is a long-term opportunity with a competitive compensation package.
******We are unable to work C2C on this role******
- Serve as the lead technician responsible for administration, design, engineering and development of information technology solutions for Alation and Erwin products.
- Serve as the primary contact for vendors and internal users
- Support the design, analysis, development, and implementation of engineering infrastructure solutions of projects and/or work requests for complex business solutions, such as metadata extraction via API’s, Python, and SQL
- Lead the creation of design specifications and the development and application of utility programs and may resolve infrastructure compatibility problems as they arise
- Monitor ServiceNow work queue, managing Alation and ERWin product suites
- Troubleshoot and perform work to resolve infrastructure compatibility issues based on system architecture, project requirements, customer expectations, etc
- Perform development and production software upgrades, documenting installations, changes, and configurations
- Administer software security, including user permissions, sessions, and roles
- Create shared and administration reports
- Participate in the delivery of the definitive enterprise information environment that enables strategic decision-making capabilities across enterprise via analytics and reporting.
- Exercise considerable creativity, foresight, and judgment in conceiving, planning, and delivering initiatives.
- Use deep professional knowledge and acumen to advise functional leaders.
- Degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent job experience and experience in all phases of software management or its equivalent in education and work experience
- 4+ years’ experience in Dev Ops, system administration, software product administration, preferably Alation and/or AWS
- 4+ years’ experience in database and cloud usage, Linux / Unix, Python, SQL coding (MS SQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL), and API development
- Understanding of data movement, integration, and transformation (ELT)
- Experience with Big data, data lake, structured, unstructured, domestic and global data
- Experience utilizing metadata management tools for business, technical and operational metadata (erwin Data Modeler, erwin Web Portal, Erwin Model Mart, erwin Data Intelligence Suite, Alation)
- Experience working in an Agile delivery environment (Jira, Confluence, SharePoint, Git, etc.)
- Must be able to meet deliverable timelines while delivering quality work
- Must develop quality documentation and have excellent communication skills
- Must work well in a team environment, while being an independent self-starter
- Must be able to operate effectively in high demand project environment
- Must be willing to work off hours as needed, including weekends and evenings