International Business Director – QSR, Retail, or CPG exp. and franchisee exp. needed (50% Travel, Hybrid on-site/remote)
- Job Title
- International Business Director – QSR, Retail, or CPG exp. and franchisee exp. needed (50% Travel, Hybrid on-site/remote)
- Job ID
- Work Hybrid
- Schiphol, NH 1118
- Other Location
International Business Director – QSR, Retail, or CPG exp. needed and franchisee exp. needed (50% Travel, hybrid on-site/remote)
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
$185K - $210K + 20% Bonus + 30% LTI
From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 3 markets, employing nearly 200+ individuals nation-wide. Operating in over 15 states, our client base ranges from Fortune 500/1000 companies, to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are exclusively used due to our outstanding staffing track record
Who We Are:
Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project based work.
The International Business Director (IBD) plays a critical role in the global system as the overall relationship owner across their assigned portfolio. This position is accountable for delivering our annual budget targets for net store openings and same store sales growth for their designated portfolio. Additionally, they are responsible for ensuring their Master Franchisees are compliant with their Master Franchise Agreement (MFA) and are sufficiently capitalized to run successful operations and deliver sustainable, profitable, growth. To accomplish these objectives, the IBD must closely coordinate with all Centers of Excellence (COE) to effectively influence our Master Franchisee partners.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
(50%) Deliver our annual budget targets through impactful consulting:
- Accountable for delivering our annual budget targets for net store openings and same store sales growth for their designated portfolio.
- Partner with the COEs to develop tailored annual operating plans that deliver the appropriate level of support and impact to the Master Franchisee or markets based on the segmentation model (Focus, Consult, Protect).
- Effectively influence Master Franchisees’ or markets’ annual and strategic plans to drive sustainable, profitable, growth.
- Conduct regular business reviews with all markets, leveraging the business assessment tool to identify opportunities.
- Share our best practices across all key disciplines.
- Support the optimization of our portfolio of Master Franchisees to help create economies of scale and maximize our long-term store and sales growth potential.
(20%) Ensure compliance with the Master Franchise Agreement and protect the brand:
- Embrace our franchisor role ensuring all assigned markets and Master Franchisees are in full compliance of our MFA. Put plans in place to address any gaps in compliance.
- Ensure all changes to standards and policies and communicated in a timely manner to Master Franchisees.
- Closely partner with the QA team to support the implementation of the overall global food safety agenda at the assigned markets to protect the consumers we serve, and the brand.
- Confirm that the Master Franchisees’ capital structure, balance sheet and store-level economics are sufficient to deliver long-term, sustainable, growth. If deficiencies are identified in one of these areas, partner with the Master Franchisees to develop the appropriate action plans.
- Champion new global foundational capabilities (e.g., Cutting Edge Project) to help our Master Franchisees operate more effectively.
(20%) Spearhead, or closely support, our overall relationship with Master Franchisees:
- Ensure there is a strong working relationship between corporate and their Master Franchisees, by making sure there is comprehensive information sharing and that key constituents are consistently engaging with our Business Consultants or COEs.
- Coordinate, edit, and frequently create content for, all communications and engagements from corporate and the COEs to the Master Franchisees or markets.
- Ensure Master Franchisee or market leadership is clear on our annual and 2030 objectives, including key global initiatives (e.g., voice of the customer).
(10%) Lead, coach, and develop a high-performing team:
- Recruit International Business Managers that are a fit and possess the skills to effectively partner with Master Franchisees and COEs.
- Promote our company values, leading by example, and encouraging their team to live these values every day.
- Lead, coach and motivate their team to create an open inclusive environment where all team members can bring their ideas and whole self to work.
- Foster a highly collaborative culture that facilitates a strong partnership with all COEs.
- Provide constructive feedback on a regular basis and create detailed action plans during the semi-annual performance appraisal process to develop team members’ leadership and functional competencies.
- Partner with RVPs to create career development plans for all team members.
- Bachelor’s Degree with 10+ years of QSR, other retail, or CPG experience.
- Possesses a robust and broad general management skillset, with an emphasis on retail operations and financial acumen.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with a proven track record of communicating effectively with C-suite level executives.
- An advanced consultative skillset that leverages strong problem solving and analytical competencies to effectively persuade senior leaders to act.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and grow influential and collaborative relationships with both external and internal partners.
- Experienced in leading high-performance teams in a matrixed organization.
- Work experience outside of the U.S. preferred.
- Multilingual and multicultural skills preferred.
- Ability to travel internationally 50% of the time.