Server/System Administrator (Remote)
- Job Title
- Server/System Administrator (Remote)
- Job ID
- Nashville, TN
- Other Location
From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 3 markets, employing nearly 200+ individuals nation-wide. Operating in over 15 states, our client base ranges from Fortune 500/1000 companies, to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are exclusively used due to our outstanding staffing track record
Who We Are:
Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project based work.
The Server and Systems Administrator will be part of the operations team that addresses server, application and user issues. Typical duties include administering servers, granting certain access to user accounts and responding to break and fix system issues by investigating and resolving system problems.
Provide timely Windows Server administrative support to application administrators and end users. Typical duties include:
- Assist with systems build and configuration to support architecture of new systems
- Facilitating access requests for resources
- Creating and securing certain user accounts
- Investigating, troubleshooting and fixing server availability and performance issues
- Monitoring and maintaining request and incident queues
- Performing validation testing
- Collaborate with global teams to identify and implement process improvement
1. 5+ years of experience as a Linux Administrator
2. In depth knowledge of Linux: RedHat, CentOS, Debian, etc.
3. Familiarity with VMWare and SAN management and concepts
4. Expert in Shell, Perl, and/or Python scripting
5. Solid knowledge of protocols such as DNS, HTTP, LDAP, SMTP and SNMP
6. Additional Linux certifications (RHCT, RHCE and LPIC) will be considered an advantage
7. Strong problem solving and communication skills
Candidate will part assist in the daily operational roles of a Linux/Unix admin for both on-prem and cloud server, user assistance request, monitor ticket queue, monitor/resolve server alerts.
- Experience scripting tasks using PowerShell
- Experience with Active Directory, group policy and DNS administration
- Experience with Citrix administration
- Relevant certifications (MCSE)
- Windows Server 2008, 2012 and 2016 knowledge
- Windows Server administrator