Senior Windows Systems Administrator
- Job Title
- Senior Windows Systems Administrator
- Job ID
- Work Remote
- Nashville, TN 37203
- Other Location
Senior Windows Systems Administrator
Conexess Group is aiding a local client in their search for a Senior Windows Systems Administrator. This will a remote position but candidates need to live in the middle TN area surrounding Nashville. The Senior Windows Systems Administrator is responsible for the design, planning, implementation and support for the Microsoft Windows environment. The systems administrator will serve as a technical expert in a windows environment. This person will be able to work remote but still needs to live close to the Nashville, TN office for important work items, big meetings, work events, team building events, etc. This position is primarily remote.
- Administers, installs, configures, and maintains operating systems and related software to ensure stable performance of the computing environment. Evaluates system specifications, input/output processes and working parameters for hardware/software compatibilities.
- Recognizes and troubleshoots operating problems with server hardware and application software.
- Diagnosis hardware and software problems and recommends solutions and performs necessary system repairs.
- Researches, analyzes and recommends backup/security strategies as required.
- Performs installations of hardware, software, and operating systems upgrades, changes and configurations.
- Supports a set of core values and cultivates a culture of diversity and inclusion.
- Regular attendance.
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s Degree or related work experience required
Minimum 5 years of experience in a Windows Systems Administrator role
Skills and Abilities:
- Experienced System administration who has 5+ years of system administration with Windows Server 2003, 2008, and 2012 operating systems.
- Expert in Microsoft Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, WINS, and Group Policy.
- Expert in maintaining server and storage environments including security patches, firmware upgrades, hot fixes, service packs, intermediate versions / full version upgrades.
- Experience with automated monitoring systems and technologies, with practical knowledge of MS SCOM/SCCM.
- Successfully Implemented Microsoft Clustering technology – Windows 2003, 2008, and 2012 platforms.
- Experience in server and desktop virtualization platforms such as VMWare, Hyper-V, Citrix XenApp Server and XenDesktop preferred.
- Successfully implemented On-Prem Microsoft Exchange move to Microsoft Azure cloud.
- Strong scripting experience with Powershell is preferred
- Research and assess future technology options to support technology growth and maturity.
- Ability to provide technical leadership, mentorship and knowledge sharing for other technical staff in the department.
- Strong communication skills, analytical ability, judgment and the ability to work effectively with other systems technical staff, internal business customers, and external consultants and vendors.
The specific base salary offered to a successful applicant will be based on individual qualifications, skills, experience and education. The pay range is subject to change at any time based on various internal and external factors. The position may also be eligible for one or more performance-based bonuses. In addition to cash compensation, we offer a competitive portfolio of benefits to its employees, as described below.
What We Give to You:
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- 401K with employer match
- Flexible spending accounts
- Paid vacation and paid sick/personal time
- 12 paid calendar holidays
- Paid volunteer time off
- Summer hours that offer more time for fun in the sun
- Company paid life insurance
- Up to 12 weeks paid parental leave
- Tuition assistance for qualified team members
- Commuter benefits (New York)
- Amazing and engaging culture
- Employee Resource Groups