Heat Exchanger Engineering Manager (100% on-site) - Direct Hire
- Job Title
- Heat Exchanger Engineering Manager (100% on-site) - Direct Hire
- Job ID
- Novi, MI 48377
- Other Location
Heat Exchanger Engineering Manager
Novi, MI (100% On-site)
$125,000/yr. - $145,000/yr. – Full-time Manager Level
From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 3 markets, employing nearly 200+ individuals nation-wide. Operating in over 15 states, our client base ranges from Fortune 500/1000 companies, to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are exclusively used due to our outstanding staffing track record
Who We Are:
Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project based work.
- Lead and mentor a team of application engineers pursuing and developing HVAC (Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning), BTM (Battery Thermal Management) and PTC (Powertrain Cooling) heat exchangers on vehicle programs.
- Complete key engineering deliverables supporting customer phase-gate systems.
- Complete APQP tasks aligned with product development responsibilities.
- Facilitate design reviews and manage global and cross-functional input to product design.
- Manage relationships with key internal functions (Core Engineering, CAD, CAE, Test lab, Manufacturing Engineering, Planning, and Prototyping).
- Plan and manage prototype component supply supporting our part development activity.
- Manage cost center operating activities, including budget proposals, spending, forecasts, and analysis.
- Support product group value improvement initiatives.
- Participate on our global core engineering teams.
- Promote our products in all venues and support new business pursuits.
- Interface with customers and obtain technical approval of solutions, promptly resolve issues.
- Promote skill and career development; manage employees’ performance to objectives.
Years of Experience:
- 7–10 years in thermal components/systems engineering; 4-7 years with heat exchangers and related devices.
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering
Desired Competencies, Experience, & Qualifications:
- Design, develop, and release heat exchangers/thermal components.
- Expertise in thermodynamics, heat transfer, fluid dynamics, structures, and materials engineering.
- Advanced knowledge of HVAC, BTM, and Powertrain Cooling Systems operation.
- Design and manufacture of formed aluminum components, assembly, and aluminum brazing.
- Knowledge of 1D and CFD component and system modeling and analysis; FEA and other modeling techniques to refine component design.
- Mastery of APQP disciplines such as FMA, DFMEA, DVP&R, PVP&R, and Control Plans.
- Lead and mentor internal and customer Technical Design Reviews.
- Supervisory experience and skills in effective project planning, time management and mentoring.
- Effective oral and written presentation skills; practitioner with Microsoft Office Suite of tools.
- Periodic travel to suppliers, customers, corporate offices, and manufacturing plants; including some international travel. Total travel <10%.