MongoDB Database Administrator (Remote)
- Job Title
- MongoDB Database Administrator (Remote)
- Job ID
- Work From Home
- St. Louis, MO 63134
- Other Location
From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 3 markets, employing nearly 200+ individuals nation-wide. Operating in over 15 states, our client base ranges from Fortune 500/1000 companies to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are exclusively used due to our outstanding staffing track record.
Who We Are:
Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project-based work.
Conexess Group is aiding a large healthcare client in their search for a MongoDB Database Administrator in a remote capacity. This is a long-term opportunity with a competitive compensation package.
******We are unable to work C2C on this role******
- Create new MongoDB database servers in all environments
- Provide DB access following enterprise access guidelines
- Implement redundancy and fail-over strategies
- Monitor and tune database performance
- Provide support for new project development and software upgrade
- Mentor team members to develop talent on the MongoDB team
- Provide insight to team leadership regarding best practices for MongoDB
- Diagnose and resolve issues as part of development and deployment process
- Operate during mostly normal business hours with minimal after hours work
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline (or equivalent experience)
- Understanding of manual builds/management of MongoDB
- Understanding of Ops Manager automation builds/management
- Experience with design/implementation of MongoDB replica sets and shared clusters
- Experience with database performance, scaling, and tuning concepts
- Strong technical acumen, able to ensure that technical solutions, strategies, practices, and governance deliver business and customer value
- Proven track record of implementing small changes that have measurable impact
- Development experience with one or more modern scripting/automation languages (Ansible, Python, etc.) - preferred
- Experience with other SQL and NoSQL database technologies (PostgreSQL, Cassandra, MariaDB/MySQL, etc.) - preferred.