Technical Software Engineer (Hybrid in Austin, ATL, PHX, Detroit) - Long-Term Contract
- Job Title
- Technical Software Engineer (Hybrid in Austin, ATL, PHX, Detroit) - Long-Term Contract
- Job ID
- Austin, TX 78753
- Other Location
Technical Software Engineer - Java
High-volume data streaming project for a large innovation tech hub. We are looking for experienced java developers who understand frameworks in-depth and can do their own low-level design with little micro-management. A strong individual can take concepts from start to finish and can architect them at a low level. A nice to have would be experience with Kafka, Pulsar, Kubernetes, and Docker along with Java Akka experience is a huge plus.
- Work with us to modernize and expand cloud data streaming services
- IOT like architectures
- Working with vehicle sensor readings and state telemetry to support future digital products
- Work in agile scrum environment
- Implement stories from start to finish
- Collaborate on architecture and process
- 70% independent work, 30% collaboration
- Work with the latest reactive streaming frameworks like Akka
- Do this at huge volumes with billions of messages daily
- Work across legacy systems to Azure cloud-based deployments
- Work with cutting-edge CI/CD automation
- Bachelor in Computer science or similar fields required
- 5-8 years of experience
- Would consider grads from U of M, UT, Texas A&M
- Experience with Kafka, Pulsar, Kubernetes and Docker.
- Java Akka experience is a huge plus.