New Store Opening - Supervisor - Service Department
- Job Title
- New Store Opening - Supervisor - Service Department
- Job ID
- Lake Orion, MI 48360
- Other Location
As a family company, we serve people and communities. When you work at Meijer, you’re provided with career and community opportunities centered around leadership, personal growth and development. Consider joining our family – take care of your career and your community!
Paid parental leave
Paid education assistance
Care.com/back-up care assistance
Team member discount
Development programs for advancement and career growth
Please review the job profile below and apply today!
What you’ll be doing:
- Engaging team members to provide the best possible shopping experience for our customers including an exceptional checkout experience and initiating interactions with customers.
- Communicates with team members and assigns daily work tasks.
- Mentors and coaches other team members to ensure customer service and sales goals are exceeded and the area is maintained to Meijer standards and team members have completed required trainings.
- Supports training new team members/cross-training high potential talent, providing peer coaching on job responsibilities/standards to positively impact team member productivity.
- Foster and drives open communication with team members and leaders to ensure the timely and effective exchange of information.
- Works with leadership on department schedule writing to focus on team member engagement, improve customer service, store sales and profitability.
- Ensure freshness of products by closely monitoring execution of rotation and dating policies.
- Guiding the team in compliance with food safety standards and regulations and working in a safe manner.
- Engaging with the community to include local events that may connect the store with the customers we serve.
- Leads team members to ensure ordering, receiving, stocking, pricing, and product display are completed, where applicable.
- Actively creates an environment that supports the Meijer culture, including valuing Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion.
- Operating a register and cash handling when needed.
- Operates powered equipment, where applicable.
- May be required to act in Department Supervisor capacity in other departments throughout the store
- This job profile is not meant to be all inclusive of the responsibilities of this position. You may perform other duties as assigned or required.
What You Bring with You (Qualifications):
- Retail or other customer service experience preferred
- Passion for customer service with total engagement, including initiating interactions, that conveys approachability to customers and fellow team members.
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Creative thinking skills
- Ability to influence others
- Ability to quickly build report and gain customer confidence to create repeat business
- Ability to lift, carry, push, pull, bend and twist while handling product
- Experience executing plans
- Positive influence to create a strong team environment that values a diverse and inclusive culture where team members and vendors can feel valued.
- Required Skills