Scala Developer (Remote)
- Job Title
- Scala Developer (Remote)
- Job ID
- Work From Home
- Portland, OR 97024
- Other Location
From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 3 markets, employing nearly 200+ individuals nation-wide. Operating in over 15 states, our client base ranges from Fortune 500/1000 companies to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are exclusively used due to our outstanding staffing track record.
Who We Are:
Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project-based work.
Conexess Group is aiding a large healthcare client in their search for a Scala Developer in a remote capacity. This is a long-term opportunity with a competitive compensation package.
******We are unable to work C2C on this role******
- Design, document, and implement data lake and data stream processing.
- Take ownership and support enterprise-wide applications.
- Support the testing, deployment, and support of data processes.
- Design and implement support tools for data processes.
- Benchmark systems, analyze bottlenecks and propose solutions to eliminate them.
- Articulate and align fellow teams to data process designs.
- Enjoy being challenged by and solving complex problems
- Proficiency in Scala is required, as Scala is used both in the Big Data stack and in standalone modules (Web Services)
- Hands on development within Scala is required
- Big Data stack experience (at least 1 year of hands-on development experience): Spark, Hadoop, Kafka, HBase, Hive, MongoDB
- Experience architecting and deploying highly scalable distributed systems
- Microservice experience is desirable
- A test automation focus expected
- Experience across the full software lifecycle; have a DevOps mindset
- Experience working with build pipelines is desirable
- Experience with an iterative approach to coding is desirable
- Experience working on Linux systems
- Experience using standard SDLC tools like Jira, Git, Jenkins etc.
- Scrum experience is desirable