Web Accessibility Consultant (WCAG, Section 508, ADA) (Remote)
- Job Title
- Web Accessibility Consultant (WCAG, Section 508, ADA) (Remote)
- Job ID
- Work From Home
- St. Louis, MO 63134
- Other Location
From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 3 markets, employing nearly 200+ individuals nation-wide. Operating in over 15 states, our client base ranges from Fortune 500/1000 companies to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are exclusively used due to our outstanding staffing track record.
Who We Are:
Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project-based work.
Conexess Group is aiding a large healthcare client in their search for a Web Accessibility Consultant in a remote capacity. This is a long-term opportunity with a competitive compensation package.
******We are unable to work C2C on this role******
- Act as technical accessibility SME liaison to cross functional product teams and stakeholders.
- Advocate for and educate teams about accessibility best practices.
- Conduct and support accessibility testing efforts, automated and manual.
- Document accessibility best practices for the organization to adhere to.
- Analyze existing applications for accessibility issues and work with cross functional teams and stakeholders to define and implement solutions.
- Work with diverse team of product owners, UX designers, and developers in fast paced environment, with quick iterative cycles
- Conduct accessibility-focused qualitative research using a variety of methods including user testing, interviews, surveys, artifact research (chat, call, email transcripts, etc.), journal studies, etc.
- Support initiatives that scale and mature the accessibility program across the enterprise.
- BA/BS in related field required
- Advanced degree in Cognitive Science, Statistics, Human- Psychology, Computer Science, Computer Interaction or related field preferred
- 5-8+ years of experience in accessible (508/WCAG) analysis, design, development and/or testing
- Subject Matter Expertise in WCAG, Section 508, ADA, other accessibility laws and standards
- Knowledge of correct use and limitations of WAI-ARIA (Accessible Rich Internet Applications) in web application development
- Passion for making websites and applications accessible to all users
- Experience using Accessibility testing tools as well as screen readers such as JAWS, NVDA, and Voiceover
- Understanding of SDLC and the technical and business challenges that come with development of a product
- Understanding of UX, design techniques and principles
- Social science research methods (e.g. usability, surveys, observation), qualitative and quantitative data analysis, foundational statistics
- Data visualization and presentation skills (in addition to analysis and research skills)