Data Engineer (Python, Spark, & AWS) (Remote)
- Job Title
- Data Engineer (Python, Spark, & AWS) (Remote)
- Job ID
- Work From Home
- New York, NY 10017
- Other Location
From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 3 markets, employing nearly 200+ individuals nation-wide. Operating in over 15 states, our client base ranges from Fortune 500/1000 companies to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are exclusively used due to our outstanding staffing track record.
Who We Are:
Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project-based work.
Conexess Group is aiding a large healthcare client in their search for a Data Engineer in a remote capacity. This is a long-term opportunity with a competitive compensation package.
******We are unable to work C2C on this role******
- Drive mentality of building well architected applications for Cloud
- Drive the mentality of quality being owned by the entire team.
- Drive automation and integrate with CI/CD tools for continuous validation.
- Can identify code defects and work with other developers to address quality issues in product code.
- Passion for finding bottlenecks and thresholds in existing code through the use of automation tools.
- Passion for continuing education and improving code quality.
- Able to articulate clear business objectives aligned to technical specifications and work in an iterative agile pattern daily.
- FSEs have an ownership over their work task, and are comfortable interacting with all levels of the team and raise challenges when necessary.
- Core code production for data integration applications
- Operational triage of bugs, failed test cases and system failures
- Creating and optimizing infrastructure performance metrics
- Mapping user stories to detailed technical specifications
- Complete detailed peer code reviews
- Deploying & developing cloud applications end to end
- Architecting a pilot or PoC effort to bring innovation to delivery
- Working In stages of the environment lifecycle including Production
- Ask smart questions, take risks and champion new ideas.
- 5+ years of software development experience in Python
- Strong understanding of AWS / cloud computing concepts
- Experience with Apache Spark
- Solid understanding in Git based Software version
- Proficiency with SQL and relational databases
- Experience with DataBricks
- Experience with Teradata database
- Experience with AWS Glue
- Experience with Terraform
- Experience with containers such as Open Shift/ Kubernetes, Docker.
- Experience with Kafka
- Experience working with huge data sets
- Experience with NoSQL Databases such as MongoDB, Cassandra
- Bachelor's degree preferred (not required), please ensure all education is listed accurately on resumes.