Congratulations! You have taken the first step to finding the job you've always wanted.
This portal has been provided to ease the application process with AH Companies.
If you have previously created a profile on our system;
enter your username and password below.
If this is your first time to our site, Welcome!
Please click the link below to create a profile.
Slitter Operator - PM shift
- Job Title
- Slitter Operator - PM shift
- Job ID
- Smyrna, TN 37167
- Other Location
Are you honest, want to work and looking to grow? We are a national company experiencing growth!
We are looking for a Slitter Operator to set up, operate, and monitor slitter machines. This role is responsible for safely slitting large steel coils down to smaller coils in various dimensions according to customer standards. The Slitter Operator inspects product equipment, measures dimensions of completed products and ensures material is processed according to production instructions.
SLITTER OPERATOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Make and inspect arbor and overarm set-ups to ensure compliance with production instructions
- Reconcile coil identity to production and load coil
- Thread coil through slitter head, cropping non-complying material
- Thread mults into recoiler
- Maintain production and quality standards by measuring and verifying before during and after processing
- Band/secure and identify slit mults
- Complete production documentation
- Assist maintenance to troubleshoot malfunctions or complete preventative maintenance as necessary
- Remove scrap from machine and empty hopper as needed
- Clean slitter and surrounding area
SLITTER OPERATOR KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of Statistical Process Control – X bar and R charts, individual moving range charts, basic distribution analysis
- Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, and quality standards
- Knowledge of slitting machines including their major components and limitations
- Knowledge of basic arithmetic
- Knowledge of and ability to comply with safety rules and requirements
- Ability to accurately use tape measures, Rockwell tester, micrometers and calipers
- Ability to read and understand material tags and production instructions
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to see details at close range
SLITTER OPERATOR PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to routinely climb stairs, ladders, or platforms
- Ability to routinely twist, bend, and squat
- Ability to walk and stand for prolonged periods of time
- Ability to repetitively reach and grasp
- Ability to regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: A high school diploma or GED with at least 1 year of industrial or manufacturing experience is preferred.
Night Shift: Monday - Thursday, 5:00 pm to 3:30 am
Mandatory OT required (includes extra hours and sometimes additional days)
PAY: $20.75 + $1/shift diff (DOE)
***Monthly Productivity Incentive bonus (5 - 50% of previous month's gross pay dependent upon productivity goals)***
BENEFITS: Medical / dental / vision / accident / life / disability / 401K