New Store Opening - Receiving Clerk
- Job Title
- New Store Opening - Receiving Clerk
- Job ID
- Lake Orion, MI 48360
- Other Location
As a family company, we serve people and communities. When you work at Meijer, you’re provided with career and community opportunities centered around leadership, personal growth and development. Consider joining our family – take care of your career and your community!
Paid parental leave
Paid education assistance
Care.com/back-up care assistance
Team member discount
Development programs for advancement and career growth
Please review the job profile below and apply today!
As a Receiving Clerk (Truck Unloader), you are responsible for unloading items or goods from the trucks into the main store from where they will be transferred to shelves; also, properly arrange or store of unloaded items in the store.
MUST BE 18 YEARS OF AGE
CURRENT OR PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE AS A TRUCK UNLOADER, WAREHOUSE, LOGISTICS, MANUFACTURING A PLUS
What is Meijer Grocery?
Meijer Grocery stores are a new foods-first way to shop. We’re introducing a totally new and different store format that reflects the values and promise of the Meijer master brand – like freshness, low prices, and incredible service for our customers.
What makes Meijer Grocery different? It’s designed to be more convenient. Like a neighborhood store. It majors in fresh produce, great food assortment, and local and Meijer brand products, along with just what you need to get through your week – like household, baby and pet essentials, and a pharmacy.
Your new Meijer Grocery is not a supercenter. It’s a simplified shopping experience.
Join a community. Build a career.
We are searching for a new member of the Meijer family! When you join us as a Food Clerk, you will provide customers with exceptional product knowledge, efficient service, and a friendly attitude. You will play a vital role in keeping our store running smoothly and having a positive impact on the community we serve. Sound good to you? Join us!
What will you be doing?
- Build rapport with customers.
- Display a friendly and outgoing attitude through good eye contact and body language.
- Respond to customer questions in an effective manner.
- Stock product and maintain product displays according to merchandising standards.
- Utilize technology to complete activities and tasks.
- Follow safety and sanitation procedures to ensure quality service and products for our customers.
- This position is applicable to the following departments: Meat, Seafood, Bakery, Deli, Grocery.
What skills will you use?
- You are detail-oriented and organized.
- Strong listening and communications skills, face-to-face and virtually.
- Willingness to learn or existing familiarity with job-specific technology.
- Problem-solving competence and eagerness to troubleshoot when necessary.
- Process-driven with ability to follow procedures in an organized and efficient way.
- Ability to stay calm while working in a fast-paced environment.
- Desire to work with customers on a consistent basis.
- Ability to lift, carry, push, pull, bend, and twist while handling product.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
Meijer starts with me.
It's not just a brand name, it’s a family name. Founded by Hendrik and Gezina Meijer and their children in 1934, Meijer treats our Team Members like they’re a part of our family. We want to see them happy, growing, and successful. That’s why our Team Members say, "Meijer starts with me.” Sound like the place for you? Join us.
Who are we a good fit for?
We love working with talented people but more than that, we look for team members who thrive in a collaborative environment and want to help us build on our family culture. Meijer is a great place for you if you want a job that’s more than a paycheck and a career that plays an important role in your community.
- Required Skills