Outside Plant Supervisor - Lenexa, KS
- Job Title
- Outside Plant Supervisor - Lenexa, KS
- Job Order ID
- Begin Date
- Lenexa, KS 66219
- Other Location
Outside Plant Supervisor – Lenexa, Kansas
- Prepare engineering work orders, documentation & support drawings for the installation, maintenance, and /or removal of aerials, buried and underground outside plant Telco and fiber optic facilities.
- Design and engineer new customer serving areas allowing for future expansion including inter-office fiber routes, coax cable layout and associated cable throws.
- Lead role in CSA building & cabinet design installations. (Site identification, CLLI code assignment and project coordination.)
- Lead role in scheduling & coordination of assigned projects. (Acquiring permits and scheduling PMR’s via the NOC for all entities participating.)
- Design and engineer OSP relocation projects as requested by state DOT’s and/or local municipalities. Efficient in reading and interpreting DOT drawings, blueprints and permits.
- Use various computer systems and databases to support technical job functions.
- Assist in Planning and determining OSP requirements for future growth.
- Work proficiently as an individual and as a team member to complete tasks in a timely manner.
- Efficiently manage projects from preliminary engineering through project closing. Coordinates onsite visits, permitting, construction, installation, testing and activation as well as other internal and external resources.
- Some travel required – within home market except in the event of company emergency. Company vehicle provided.
- BS in Mechanical, Civil, or Electrical Engineering or 3 – 5 years OSP, Field Operations, and/or Central Office Operations work experience.
- Understands and applies outside plant concepts and designs. (Feed/distribution cables, color codes, cross connects, fiber characteristics, db loss and attenuation, FTTH designs, coaxial networks as applicable.)
- Computer skills – knowledge of Microsoft Office, DPI/AS400/Prism, Remedy, Netcracker, AutoCAD/CadTel/StellarRAD, PeopleSoft, MACC Accounting and MACC Customer record, Google Earth, GSI and other Telco Design software as needed.
- Must Possess valid driver’s license and a satisfactory driving record, pass background check and drug testing.
Burrell Associates Executive Search (www.burrellassociates.com) is a well-respected, professional recruiting firm founded in 1986, has been retained for this company's confidential search. We specialize in placing professional candidates at all levels, executing with the strictest of confidentiality.
- Required Skills