Team Lead - Product Design (Experience leading or mentoring UI/UX Design Teams)
- Job Title
- Team Lead - Product Design (Experience leading or mentoring UI/UX Design Teams)
- Job ID
- Work From Home
- Work Remote
- Work Hybrid
- Ann Arbor, MI 48106
- Other Location
- 60657, 46205
Team Lead – Product Design (Experience leading or mentoring UI/UX Design Teams)
Ann Arbor, MI – Hybrid On-Site/Remote
$105,000/yr. - $125,000/yr. – Full-time Senior Level
From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 3 markets, employing nearly 200+ individuals nation-wide. Operating in over 15 states, our client base ranges from Fortune 500/1000 companies, to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are exclusively used due to our outstanding staffing track record
Who We Are:
Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project based work.
Our client’s strategic investment for next generation tools requires a strong Team Lead, Product Design to set standards and lead the design practice for all POS value-added applications’ development efforts.
The Team Lead, Product Design is tasked primarily with defining, designing, documenting, communicating, and maintaining the visual design of our new POS system with the goal of improving the performance of our applications against our key KPIs. This position is also accountable for design process implementation and related artifacts. The Team Lead, Product Design drives the collaboration with business area(s), IS, and technology vendors to help set and execute the design vision for software development projects.
Lead Product Design Practice
- Leads the standards definitions, design of user facing products, and documentation/validation of related specifications to deliver quality software store systems applications.
- Defines and deploys UI styles and patterns via a componentized style guide, specifications, and optimized assets
- Leads and oversees the user experience of a product from conception to launch in partnership with product managers, analysts, architects, engineers, and UX researchers
- Creates the foundation for user interface design patterns in partnership with web development leaders.
- Produces, documents, and communicates effective UX designs for multiple interfaces - via mockups, high-fidelity wireframes, component specs, redlines, templates and prototypes
- Builds and leads the Product Design practice to drive the creation of effective value-add/ user-facing applications that supports and optimizes our store management and operations.
- Responsible for overall team performance and health, resource allocation, project prioritization, and building a culture of design excellence
- Collaborates with business customers in discussions relative to current user experience projects and the future direction of design and user experience
- Participates in design reviews with the business community to refine and validate designs
- Coordinates and maintains third party design vendor engagements
- Bachelor's or master's degree in UX design, graphic design, computer science, information technology, engineering, business administration or related field OR equivalent professional experience
- 5+ years of experience in medium to large scale system implementation efforts using multiple SDLC methodologies such as Agile, RUP, Waterfall, etc. (Agile Scrum desired)
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Strong facilitation skills; Excellent organization and management skills
- Proven track record building and leading a team of product designers and working with cross-functional software development teams.
- Has foundational experience playing a contributing role in full cycle software delivery as a product designer, business analyst, developer or quality expert (previous development experience preferred).
- Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Visio, Project, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Understands the capabilities of key technologies (HTML5, Java, .NET, SQL Server)
- Experience in Restaurant Chain, Quick Service or Retail Industry
- Experience in leading UI/UX designs teams
- Strong Interaction Design skills: wireframing, prototyping; HTML5 and CSS3 a plus
- Experience with Android/Material Design principles: GUI design & usability a plus
- Demonstrated effectiveness in a fast-paced rapidly changing environment
- Understands, can participate in and facilitation solutions design
- Able to work on multiple priorities in a deadline-driven environment
- Experience in application development
- Experience in product design and research