Sr. Technical Writer (Remote)
- Job Title
- Sr. Technical Writer (Remote)
- Job ID
- Work From Home
- St. Louis, MO 63134
- Other Location
From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 3 markets, employing nearly 200+ individuals nation-wide. Operating in over 15 states, our client base ranges from Fortune 500/1000 companies to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are exclusively used due to our outstanding staffing track record.
Who We Are:
Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project-based work.
Conexess Group is aiding a large healthcare client in their search for a Sr. Technical Writer in a remote capacity. This is a long-term opportunity with a competitive compensation package.
******We are unable to work C2C on this role******
- Document user manuals and training materials for software. The target audience will be end users as well as technical teams, which will maintain the program.
- Proofing/putting into a common voice long-term strategy guidance for external organizations as written by ‘technical strategist'.
- Creating and maintaining a catalogue of existing technology system controls in the enterprise environment.
- Gain deep understanding of products and services, and translate complex information into simple, polished, engaging content
- Work with internal teams to obtain an in-depth understanding of the product and the documentation requirements
- Assess audience needs for whom technical, strategic, and procedural documentation is intended; adjusts tone and technical terms used to meet those needs and to ensure understanding.
- Write, format, edit, review, and proof, for both technical and non-technical stakeholders: in-depth user guides, manuals, procedural documentation, FAQs, product overviews, strategic narratives and in-product help documentation
- Develop content in alternative media forms, demos, guided tours, and other educational techniques, for maximum usability, with consistent voice across all documentation
- Work with development and support leads to identify documentation repositories, revise and edit, and determine best solutions for data compilation and centralized storage
- Analyze existing and potential content, focusing on reuse and single-sourcing opportunities
- Assist in planning, scheduling, and tracking documentation work to meet product release dates and client deliverables
- Gather customer feedback on documentation to improve usability
- Monitor metrics on the usage of training materials as well as direct customer feedback to prioritize future training investments
- Five or more years of experience as an effective technical writer
- Proven ability to quickly learn and understand complex subject matter
- Experience working cross-departmentally to communicate the nuts and bolts of a product
- Experience in writing documentation and procedure manuals for various audiences
- Strong experience owning an end-to-end documentation creation process
- Excellent attention to detail and the ability to prioritize and work on multiple projects in a fast-paced, changing environment