New Store Opening - Deli/Bakery Supervisor
- Job Title
- New Store Opening - Deli/Bakery Supervisor
- Job ID
- Macomb, MI 48042
- Other Location
Ready for a fresh start? Be a part of the excitement as a Department Supervisor at Meijer Grocery delivering an extraordinary customer experience and high-quality essentials to our community!
We are seeking dynamic individuals to be considered for Department Supervisors in the following Areas:
Deli/Bakery Team Lead
Service Team Lead
As a Department Supervisor, you will provide direction related to operations, processes, and conditions of your area. You will also plan, guide, and empower team members in the day-to-day operation of the department. Set example for those in their span of care by modeling exceptional customer experience. Possess the ability to help achieve department goals and influence their peers to create a continued winning strategy.
- Weekly pay
- Scheduling flexibility
- Paid parental leave
- Paid education assistance
- Care.com/back-up care assistance
- Team member discount
- Development programs for advancement and career growth
What you’ll be doing:
Key responsibilities for this position include:
- Engaging team members to provide the best possible shopping experience for our customers including an exceptional checkout experience and initiating interactions with customers.
- Communicates with team members and assigns daily work tasks.
- Mentors and coaches other team members to ensure customer service and sales goals are exceeded and the area is maintained to Meijer standards and team members have completed required trainings.
- Supports training new team members/cross-training high potential talent, providing peer coaching on job responsibilities/standards to positively impact team member productivity.
- Foster and drives open communication with team members and leaders to ensure the timely and effective exchange of information.
- Works with leadership on department schedule writing to focus on team member engagement, improve customer service, store sales and profitability.
- Ensure freshness of products by closely monitoring execution of rotation and dating policies.
- Guiding the team in compliance with food safety standards and regulations and working in a safe manner.
- Engaging with the community to include local events that may connect the store with the customers we serve.
- Leads team members to ensure ordering, receiving, stocking, pricing, and product display are completed, where applicable.
- Actively creates an environment that supports the Meijer culture, including valuing Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion.
- Operating a register and cash handling when needed.
- Operates powered equipment, where applicable.
- May be required to act in Department Supervisor capacity in other departments throughout the store
- This job profile is not meant to be all inclusive of the responsibilities of this position. You may perform other duties as assigned or required.
What You Bring with You (Qualifications):
- Retail or other customer service experience preferred
- Passion for customer service with total engagement, including initiating interactions, that conveys approachability to customers and fellow team members.
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Creative thinking skills
- Ability to influence others
- Ability to quickly build report and gain customer confidence to create repeat business
- Ability to lift, carry, push, pull, bend and twist while handling product
- Experience executing plans
- Positive influence to create a strong team environment that values a diverse and inclusive culture where team members and vendors can feel valued.
- Required Skills