Firewall Admin Engineer (Remote)
- Job Title
- Firewall Admin Engineer (Remote)
- Job ID
- Work From Home
- Philadelphia, PA 19192
- Other Location
From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 3 markets, employing nearly 200+ individuals nation-wide. Operating in over 15 states, our client base ranges from Fortune 500/1000 companies to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are exclusively used due to our outstanding staffing track record.
Who We Are:
Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project-based work.
Conexess Group is aiding a large healthcare client in their search for a Firewall Admin Engineer in a remote capacity. This is a long-term opportunity with a competitive compensation package.
******We are unable to work C2C on this role******
- Administration of a Checkpoint firewall environment including Check Point VSX, CheckPoint GAIA, CheckPoint Site-to-Site VPN, CheckPoint Mobile Access/Remote Access, CheckPoint Endpoint Management.
- Use of firewall management software; Algosec and Indeni.
- Operational assistance migrating from Checkpoint to Palo Alto firewalls.
- Primary responsibilities included but not limited to deploying, configuring, upgrading, maintaining and troubleshooting network security infrastructure.
- Provide tier II/tier III operational support for incidents or problems involving network security devices.
- Prepare and document standard troubleshooting and recovery procedures for lower-level support staff.
- Troubleshoot and provide remediation for a variety of security equipment and technologies.
- Document in detail all information regarding incidents, responses, and root cause analysis.
- Manage the implementation and maintenance of security policies on network security devices.
- Work with security engineering team to develop technical solutions and new security tools to help mitigate security vulnerabilities and automate repeatable tasks.
- Works with external vendors for chronic issues, bugs, and feature enhancements.
- Provide consultation on projects requiring security operational support.
- Develop processes to improve network security service reliability and availability
- Operate and improve services in accordance with business needs, priorities and SLAs.
- Drive process improvements and procedures that will improve overall Security Service Delivery to the customer.
- Ensure uniformity of security service delivery and attainment of all business and customer objectives.
- Manage the configuration aspects of network security devices such as configuration file management, inventory management, and software management.
- 7 years of experience in network and security infrastructure technology
- Understanding of security vulnerabilities and industry standard mitigation practices.
- Prior experience with a large enterprise network.
- Sound background experience working with networking protocols involving routing, switching, and wireless connectivity.
- Knowledge of security protocols and implementations.
- Experience with the configuration and support of the some of the following firewalls: Checkpoint, Palo Alto, Cisco ASA, Palo Alto, and Fortinet.
- Experience with DDOS/IPS/IDS security appliances and services such as Arbor, Akamai, Palo Alto, Checkpoint, and Cisco.
- Experience with configuration and support of client-to-site VPN tunnels
- Knowledge and understanding of WAF technologies.
- Experience with routing protocols OSPF, BGP, & EIGRP.
- Experience in the use of multiple network tools and management systems such as; SevOne, Qradar, Splunk, and Spectrum for network troubleshooting and reporting.
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies and network security products.
- Maintain departmental documentation for standards, processes, and communications.
- Experience with applications such as ServiceNow, Jira, AlgoSec, Panorama, CSM,
- Able to conduct research into security networking issues and products as required.