DevOps Engineer (Remote)
- Job Title
- DevOps Engineer (Remote)
- Job ID
- Work From Home
- Pittsburgh, PA 15275
- Other Location
From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 3 markets, employing nearly 200+ individuals nation-wide. Operating in over 15 states, our client base ranges from Fortune 500/1000 companies to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are exclusively used due to our outstanding staffing track record.
Who We Are:
Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project-based work.
Conexess Group is aiding a large healthcare client in their search for a DevOps Engineer in a remote capacity. This is a long-term opportunity with a competitive compensation package.
******We are unable to work C2C on this role******
- Participate as a member of an agile team supporting shared service DevOps Managed Pipelines and capabilities for a hybrid Enterprise Technology Ecosystem.
- Apply critical thinking skills to open-ended questions and problems to establish practical solutions using an agile iterative test-and-learn mindset.
- Developing, supporting, and maintaining CI/CD solutions for a hybrid technology environment using containers (EKS) with a variety of end-points: on-prem Virtual Machines as well as Private and Public Cloud.
- Keep foundational best practices in security, reliability, and scalability center of desk when delivering any given solution or problem. Make conscientious and peer curated technical decisions insuring that any technical debt is socialized and embraced by the team.
- Design systems with a modular, cloud-centric, Restful service-based functionality that drives toward a cloud native end-state even as it most help legacy teams with feature sets that bridge an on-prem distributed world.
Nice to Have Skills:
- 10+ years of diverse technology experience with a minimum of 6 years of experience in Software development
- Experience with RESTful Services using JSON and Node.
- Software development experience with Java, Groovy, Python and Ansible
- Solid working knowledge of SQL. Must be able to support basic data analysis and data collection across multi-table joins while avoiding Cartesian products.
- Scripting experience: sh and/or PowerShell.
- Familiarity with system administration: both - Windows and Linux
- Experience with OpenShift/Containers
- Experience with Terraform, Tera grunt
- Experience with Git/Jenkins using some defined branching strategy and extended orchestration flow that supports build/test/deploy.
- Knowledge of Test Management Tools like ALM, Zephyr
- Knowledge of Service Virtualization (DevTest, SV, ReadyAPI, etc)
- Knowledge of SonarQube or other static code analysis tool sets
- Experience or working knowledge in deploying and managing applications using Docker and/or Kubernetes as part of a CI/CD tools
- AWS certification is preferred and would be a plus.
- Azure certification is plus
- OpenShift certification is plus