Program Manager (Hybrid/Local Remote) - Bilingual (Japanese preferred)
- Job Title
- Program Manager (Hybrid/Local Remote) - Bilingual (Japanese preferred)
- Job ID
- Novi, MI 48377
- Other Location
POSITION SUMMARY / PURPOSE
Lead the cross-functional team through the program life cycle in order to achieve customer expectations and company targets for all assigned programs. Extensive coordination with internal departments to meet timing schedules that support assigned vehicle launches. The ideal candidate would have both automotive electronics engineering and program/ project management experience. Extensive coordination with internal departments to meet timing schedules and customer requirements that support assigned vehicle launches. Serves as the main point of contact; a representative for the customer to ensure company product viability and customer satisfaction. Conducts new business development with market research and feasibility studies and recommends potential future market development for the company's product line.
Bilingual (Japanese/English) reading, writing skills preferred.
KEY JOB DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
Major responsibilities of the position are listed below. To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to execute each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties, assignments and specific projects may be assigned at the discretion of management. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Act as main contact representing the Company's position with the customer for the customers' programs.
- Develop strategies for negotiations with the customer to maximize customer satisfaction with given internal resources.
- Passes customer requirements onto internal departments after examining internal resources and coordinates communications with the program team.
- Leads company activities to support customer meetings and facilitate change management in product design and development.
- Responsible for keeping track of sample requirements and coordination with Headquarters for pre-production and during production phases; coordinate plans throughout the development with sales and PC.
- Establish consolidated and optimized plans and lead development activities with a cross-functional team to meet program milestones including feature release planning, design reviews, software schedules, prototype and pilot builds in support of system deliverables.
- Ensure to meet internal and external requirements and present the status of the programs in management reviews.
- Manage development process from business award to start of production including changes in scope.
- Facilitate post-production changes across various modules and systems with cradle-to-grave responsibility.
- Plan/Organize feature rollout of hardware/software upgrades across multiple programs.
- Leads and coordinates safe launch plans to ensure customer expectations and support tasks are achieved.
- Supports customer APQP requirements. Responsible for collecting and submitting all necessary information.
- Generates and maintains all necessary documentation and data systems in all areas/programs responsible to ensure traceability and compliance to Company procedures.
- Interface with Sales to support those activities.
- Other duties may be assigned.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE / LICENSE / CERTIFICATIONS
Bachelor of Science in Electrical or Electronics Engineering or Related field
Experience in automotive electronics and program management experience. Must have the ability to effectively lead and inspire internal project teams. Excellent communication, organizational skills, self-motivated and proactive with demonstrated creative and critical thinking capabilities. Understands and deals well with rapid development cycles; remains flexible and calm under pressure. The ability to interface with the customer and various internal departments such as product engineering, quality, and manufacturing.
Tier 1 experience in automotive electronics. Must have thorough understanding of customer OEM vehicle development and manufacturing process, sequencing and documentation requirements such as APQP and PPAP or equivalent. Experience with corrective action. Willingness and ability to travel.
Level 1 (Entry)
Knowledge- Learns to use professional concepts. Applies company policies and procedures to resolve routine issues.
Job Complexity- Works on problems of limited scope. Follows standard practices and procedures in analyzing situations or data from which answers can be readily obtained. Contact with others is primarily internal.
Supervision- Normally receives detailed instructions on all work
Experience/Education- Typically requires 0-2 years of previous professional experience
Level 2 (Developing)
Knowledge- Uses professional concepts; applies company policies and procedures to resolve a variety of issues.
Job Complexity- Works on problems of moderate scope where analysis of situations or data requires a review of a variety of factors. Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action. Has internal and some external contacts.
Supervision- Normally receives general instructions on routine work, detailed instructions on new projects or assignments.
Experience/Education- Typically requires a Bachelor's Degree and a minimum of 2 years of related experience.
Level 3 (Career)
Knowledge- Uses skills as a seasoned, experienced professional with a full understanding of industry practices and company policies and procedures; resolves a wide range of issues in imaginative as well as practical ways. This job is the fully qualified, career-oriented, journey-level position.
Job Complexity- Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. Interacts with senior internal and external personnel.
Supervision- Normally receives little instruction on day-to-day work, general instructions on new assignments.
Experience/Education- Typically requires a Master's Degree and a minimum of 2 years related experience or Bachelor's Degree and a minimum of 5 years of related experience.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients and customers. Japanese and English Language skill required.
Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations, and permutations. Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
MS Outlook, MS PowerPoint, MS Excel, MS Word, Internet
Ability of schematics reading, hardware troubleshooting, tests and measurements. Ability to prepare and perform technical presentations to OEM's
Exceeding Customer Expectations-Provides timely and professional service to both internal and external customers; is responsive to customer needs and requests; is always courteous to the customer and considers the needs of the customer when making decisions. Has sufficient knowledge of products and services, builds rapport, and helps customers enthusiastically; communicates well with customers and follows up as necessary; is always professional and represents the organization positively.
Communicating Effectively-Shares information. Listens and involves others. Clearly conveys ideas in a manner that engages others and helps them understand and retain the message. Changes interpersonal style and approach based on circumstance or audience; works hard with all kinds of people and workgroups; does not judge others.
Building Fostering Teamwork-Is an honest and dependable team player who contributes to group collaboration and consensual decision making and shows empathy and respect for others. Builds and maintains good working relationships.
Delivers High Quality Results- Effectively organizes and balances tasks and priorities. Delivers on commitments; finishes tasks on time and critically reviews work to ensure quality and accuracy.
Continuous Improvement-Uses formal and informal tools and techniques to achieve operational excellence. Maintains a constant focus on efforts to improve performance, quality and efficiency of work processes.
Applies Job-Specific Expertise- Understands and masters the skills, knowledge, and tasks associated with his/her job; effectively applies specialized knowledge and skills to perform daily work tasks.