IT Infrastructure Engineer (Hybrid Remote/On-Site)
- Job Title
- IT Infrastructure Engineer (Hybrid Remote/On-Site)
- Job ID
- Work Remote
- Work Hybrid
- Novi, MI 48377
- Other Location
IT Infrastructure Engineer
Novi, MI – Hybrid On-Site/Remote
$100,000/yr. - $140,000/yr. – Full-time Senior Level
From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 3 markets, employing nearly 200+ individuals nation-wide. Operating in over 15 states, our client base ranges from Fortune 500/1000 companies, to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are exclusively used due to our outstanding staffing track record
Who We Are:
Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project based work.
Responsible for systems development, design, and IT infrastructure for all company locations
OVERVIEW: KEY JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES
Design and deploy all Local/Wide area and wireless networks to include Cisco and other type routers and switches, Juniper/Cisco firewalls and security devices, Cisco VPN, Proxy's and Windows/Unix servers. Work directly with management and users to recommend new hardware, solutions or applications to meet current business requirements. Have in-depth knowledge of networking and security tools and remain up to date on new developments in the industry including written and verbal presentations on projects and problem resolution impacting business functions. Demonstrate sound decision-making skills with a proven track record of completing tasks and/or project within budget and on schedule
KEY JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs expert-level systems development and design for all sites. Ensure same system design methodology and infrastructure is maintained throughout the organization –All locations.
- Designs and defines system architecture for new and existing computer systems.
- Analyze the current and future organization needs and deliver IT infrastructure that will provide users with necessary network capability to perform their job efficiently.
- Be the subject Matter Expert in Network and Server infrastructure, take the leadership on major improvement and migration projects in these areas.
- Reviews completion and implementation of system additions and/or enhancements and makes recommendations to management.
- Plans and collaborates on upgrades of operating systems and designs systems enhancements. Identifies, analyzes, and resolves system problems.
- Determines system specifications, input/output processes, and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility.
- Provides guidance and mentorship to less-experienced systems engineers to assist in the development of their technical skills.
- Participates in meetings to explain current conditions and propose future improvement plans to the management in the organization.
- Work with Vendors as needed in systems implementation throughout the organization
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology.
- Assists in the planning and management of special projects including implementation, testing and deployment to ensure all deliverable are met on time and within budget.
- Provide visibility of system health, warranty, parts, and backups to ensure high reliability of IT infrastructure throughout the organization.
- Responsible for maintaining and updating system security to ensure data is protected from loss internally or from unauthorized outside access.
- Ensures data is regularly backed- up to permit complete recovery in the event of a disaster or data spill.
Required Skills and Education Requirements:
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or Related Field and minimum 6 years of experience in information technology.
- Broad and deep knowledge across multiple technologies and platforms such as: Networking to include routing protocols, Security systems to include Juniper and Cisco, Data Center server hardware/software & virtualization, Knowledge of disaster recovery / high availability and experience in building site-to-site/multi-site VPN's.
- The candidate must be detail/process oriented, highly accountable; self-starter and good inter-personal skills are important.
- Must be able to effectively facilitate and work well teams at all levels within an organization.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Preferred Skills / Experience:
- Understanding of scripting languages, operating systems and networking fundamentals.
- Certification or experience in one or more of the following technologies: Cisco CCNA/CCNP, Juniper JNCIP-SEC, Juniper JNCIS-ENT.
- Automotive industry experience and bilingual (English-Japanese) also a plus.